Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 09-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
PenGun

Nice Gun

I've been playing Priboi Story, it's great, and it has some weapons you don't see in vanilla SOC or anywhere really.

One is the SR-3 Vikhr, I think it's an SR-3M actually, anyway it's a cut down AS Val. Cut down to big pistol size, just the center of a Val. It's a beast that goes in your pistol slot. I'm sure Marie was in heaven as it uses the wonderful 9x39 mm rounds. Obliterates anything close, the only drawback is the 20 round mag.

Last edited by PenGun: 09-14-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
There are two distinct types, SR-3 and SR-3M
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as65-e.htm

The SR-3 is the more compact type, so I'd say it's safe to say this is the one in-game, since it goes in your pistol slot.

The "M" version has a fairly solid skeleton side-folding stock and can better accommodate addons. The "M" was designed to be a mid-range "rifle" when needed and has the integrated folding front grip.

Last edited by Bad_Motha: 09-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #3
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
There are two distinct types, SR-3 and SR-3M
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as65-e.htm

The SR-3 is the more compact type, so I'd say it's safe to say this is the one in-game, since it goes in your pistol slot.

The "M" version has a fairly solid skeleton side-folding stock and can better accommodate addons. The "M" was designed to be a mid-range "rifle" when needed and has the integrated folding front grip.
You are probably right but the stock comes off both of them and apart from the silencer receiver and the added rails they are very similar. The front grip does seem to be on all the Ms it's true.
PenGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
marie pavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenGun View Post
I'm sure Marie was in heaven as it uses the wonderful 9x39 mm rounds. Obliterates anything close, the only drawback is the 20 round mag.
I remember that one, I tried it for awhile, but I never really carry a side arm in any of these games.
marie pavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie pavie View Post
I remember that one, I tried it for awhile, but I never really carry a side arm in any of these games.
I don't use pistols or shotguns myself. So mostly in SOC and CS that slot is rarely used.

The SR-3 is equivalent to an AS Val and hits very hard with an insane rate of fire. The 20 round mag empties really fast. With AP 9mm ammo it takes down an armored Monolith dude right now.

I have been using it mainly for beasts where it works very well. The cheaper 9mm ammo works fine on most of em'.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Bad_Motha

Banned
I always have something in the pistol slot, even if it's rarely used. It serves a purpose. In CoP though, soon as find my first loot, the pistol pretty much is never in my arsenal from this point forward. Usually a shotgun of some sort takes that place.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #7
PenGun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Motha View Post
I always have something in the pistol slot, even if it's rarely used. It serves a purpose. In CoP though, soon as find my first loot, the pistol pretty much is never in my arsenal from this point forward. Usually a shotgun of some sort takes that place.
Yeah I like a Storm and a GP 37 in my COP slots. That's all I need.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series