Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series

Old 09-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
BFNL

How to get windowed mode?

Hello, I'm trying to get windows mode in COH:ToV but can't seem to figure it out. I've changed the configuration file to value=1, I've also tried pressing alt+enter and using -window but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
bigbangnet

Well 1 of those solutions is suppose to work so first make sure you edited configuration.lua in your my documents/my games folder. And when you save it, make sure its the exact filename. In this case, it should tell you to overwrite but in my case, I make a backup so I rename the original.

Make sure you got the admin access in your windows OS, not limited as it can create problems. Besides that, make sure you type the -window correctly in your shortcut as a single mistake can make it not to work. Sounds stupid but I've seen plenty of small mistakes like these.
bigbangnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
Dead-Boy

or just right click on the game in steam... go to properties and then click on the button "set launch options" and type in -window and then run it.

I don't suggest this though cause it runs in a window, but your mouse isnt locked into the window... so you can move your mouse out of the game and click your desktop instead... its also very hard to scroll with the mouse, as the mouse will keep going off of the window, and this will make the game pause if in single player mode.

I like running games in windowed mode too, but in this case and this game, its not worth it.
Dead-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
zer0t3ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Boy View Post
or just right click on the game in steam... go to properties and then click on the button "set launch options" and type in -window and then run it.

I don't suggest this though cause it runs in a window, but your mouse isnt locked into the window... so you can move your mouse out of the game and click your desktop instead... its also very hard to scroll with the mouse, as the mouse will keep going off of the window, and this will make the game pause if in single player mode.

I like running games in windowed mode too, but in this case and this game, its not worth it.
Try just using the arrow keys? Games like this are meant to be played with minimal mouse anyways.
zer0t3ch is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Company of Heroes series