Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series

Old 09-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
TOOBxSOCKS

Doom 3 Mods

can anyone point me to any good ones?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
lk0960

I like the classic Doom mod that allows you to play the first Doom episode "Knee Deep in the Dead" using the Doom 3 engine.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
MADDOGGE

This!

Only one I know of personally. Have you checked out ModDB to see what they might have?
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
TOOBxSOCKS

yeah ive been on moddb...
ive seen the mod that lets u play through the original also....i spent so many years playing the original dooms way back in the day i dont think id get much enjoyment out of it....i have it on my hard drive but havent check it out yet...
i have another mod on my hard drive that i found on ModDb that looks GREAT....its a multiplayer total conversion mod....but ive never seen anyone online playing it...

would either of you be interested in playing it with me??? maybe we could start a group and find others who would want to play....
give it a look:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/556mm-full-metal-jacket
TOOBxSOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
solat

I downloaded a few mods to try them out but it seems they are not compatible with the steam version. Can anyone point me in the direction for some that works with steam. Trying to get a sentry mod working.
solat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Dragonsbrethren

I saw some shots of a Hexen TC a while back that looked great. Honestly the best mod for Doom 3 would be one that brings back the run and gun action of classic Doom, with some maps that are actually interesting in terms of looks and layout. (Something even Classic Doom 3 didn't get right.)
Dragonsbrethren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
TOOBxSOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbrethren View Post
I saw some shots of a Hexen TC a while back that looked great. Honestly the best mod for Doom 3 would be one that brings back the run and gun action of classic Doom, with some maps that are actually interesting in terms of looks and layout. (Something even Classic Doom 3 didn't get right.)
yeah i seen that hexen mod....was never finished....and looks as if its dead....shame, hexen was GREAT.....Doom 2 used to be my favorite....then heretic came out and my mind was blown.....then when Hexen came out, i didnt think it could get any better than that....lol@the graphics nowadays...crazy...
TOOBxSOCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:14 AM   #8
deadite4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOBxSOCKS View Post
yeah i seen that hexen mod....was never finished....and looks as if its dead....shame, hexen was GREAT.....Doom 2 used to be my favorite....then heretic came out and my mind was blown.....then when Hexen came out, i didnt think it could get any better than that....lol@the graphics nowadays...crazy...
Not dead, never was dead, we release news and screenshots monthly. First release is actually right around the corner finally.

http://www.hexenmod.com.
deadite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
wteSmithy

Has a fellow high-end gamer found the ideal high-res texture pack - which also works on Steam - that makes the very most of the very latest GPUs?

The packs I've seen so far are dated. It would be sweet if there were more recent textures, maybe enhanced 2k or even 4k in size.

Apart from enabling custom filters (aa x32 and af x16), the game still looks pretty decent but I know it could be much better.
wteSmithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
ozku

Quote:
Originally Posted by wteSmithy View Post
Has a fellow high-end gamer found the ideal high-res texture pack - which also works on Steam - that makes the very most of the very latest GPUs?

The packs I've seen so far are dated. It would be sweet if there were more recent textures, maybe enhanced 2k or even 4k in size.

Apart from enabling custom filters (aa x32 and af x16), the game still looks pretty decent but I know it could be much better.
Try perfect Doom 3 v5. However, it also makes some changes in gameplay you might not like. It does make the game look pretty damn cool even with todays standards.
ozku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:27 PM   #11
wteSmithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozku View Post
Try perfect Doom 3 v5. However, it also makes some changes in gameplay you might not like. It does make the game look pretty damn cool even with todays standards.
Thanks for that tip ozku Never heard of that mod. Could you or someone else post a screenshot of the corridors, as the screenshots only have hell shown.

I did take a look at Doom3 - Extreme Quality Mod v1.0 which is dated now but packs in at 800MB and the screenshots were very good. Wasn't sure it would work with Steam so will download Perfect Doom 3 v5 soon.
wteSmithy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Doom series