Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 09-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #1
MW2_OWN3D

Banned
Red face "Modern Warfare 2 couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full." - What????

Hey, this message just keeps popping up on me and now it is just annoying. My HDD has 250Gb free and MW2 cant tell that.

What is causing this, I was playing MW2 about 2 hours ago and now it wont work...

I think it might have something to do with the _iw4mp file, it is corrupted and is 0kb in size. I think it might have been put there by a hacker or a virus, the attributes have HA in it, believe it or not.

Last edited by MW2_OWN3D: 09-15-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
SS.KiLLeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW2_OWN3D View Post
Hey, this message just keeps popping up on me and now it is just annoying. My HDD has 250Gb free and MW2 cant tell that.

What is causing this, I was playing MW2 about 2 hours ago and now it wont work...

I think it might have something to do with the _iw4mp file, it is corrupted and is 0kb in size. I think it might have been put there by a hacker or a virus, the attributes have HA in it, believe it or not.
well if you been recording footage of game pplay those files can fill up a hd fast.check to make sure you have enough space, then try verifying the integrity of the game files with steam and see if that helps/.
SS.KiLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
instakill

Prob has something to do with a certain file being write protected
instakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
MW2_OWN3D

Banned
needed to disk check and restart my pc. fixed it.
MW2_OWN3D is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare