Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 09-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
LumpOfCole

Civ 5 + SteamWorks - Steam Cloud = Sad face

I looked all through the newly released manual for Civ 5 and it doesn't look like Steam Cloud is supported at all, even though the game is fully SteamWorks I would love to be able to conveniently pick up from games that I play on my powerhouse PC into my midranged laptop via Steam Cloud.

Will this be a feature that is coming into a future patch at least?
Old 09-18-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Overt.Enemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
I looked all through the newly released manual for Civ 5 and it doesn't look like Steam Cloud is supported at all, even though the game is fully SteamWorks I would love to be able to conveniently pick up from games that I play on my powerhouse PC into my midranged laptop via Steam Cloud.

Will this be a feature that is coming into a future patch at least?
Steam cloud is supported. Devs said it during the 2K games live demo a few days ago. Dev said he worked on a save until 2am at home, then spoke about how cool it was that he could just come into work and fire up that same save on his work computer without having to do anything. So it's there.
Overt.Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
LumpOfCole

I wish to give your empire a permanent traderoute, your knowledge for my happiness.
LumpOfCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
JamieKirby1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpOfCole View Post
I wish to give your empire a permanent traderoute, your knowledge for my happiness.
lol, good one.
JamieKirby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
JayShadow

You can store up to 10 saved games on Steam Cloud.
JayShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #6
InAUGral

steam cloud isn't uploading any saves for me, at least i backup my own saves though it would be nice to have at least a few on my steam account.
InAUGral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
Zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by InAUGral View Post
steam cloud isn't uploading any saves for me, at least i backup my own saves though it would be nice to have at least a few on my steam account.
You're using Steam Cloud saves, right? You have to specifically say you use them when saving...
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #8
mindwhip

Having the option to save to the cloud is good...

Having half of the cloud save slots contain your most recent saves and half being under your direct control would be better...

It would avoid issues when you forget to save to the cloud/quick save then crash while on one PC and then want to continue later on another PC while still giving some ability to keep things organised...

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series