Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2

Old 09-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Nick930

Is Chuck Immune?

Ok so I've never played the first Dead Rising. But I am really excited for this one and I even bought Case Zero on my xbox (which was a lot of fun).

But you know what i just noticed... why is it that Chuck can be bitten several times but still not turn into a zombie?

Is this a developer mistake? Or is this part of the story? If its part of the story, don't spoil it please.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
thefreeman0001

it happened in resident evil to. you'd get bitten to hell and nothing would happen UNLESS it was in a dramatic cutscene. so yeah i wouldnt worry too much bout that lol it'd suck being bitten once then smacked with a big GAME OVER screen wouldnt i? :P
thefreeman0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
K-oss

Yeah it happens all the time in Dead Rising 1. They sort of answered it at the end in the overtime mode where Frank has to find a temporary cure (the precursor to Zombrex) as he's been infected (somehow). I guess according to the story you are never bitten or infected, but the gameplay has to have some way of monitoring your health and freeman is right in that it would suck to get bitten once and then die. What's the point of being able to roam among thousands of undead and not be technically immune?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
NightLight

I think they can sorta get it shown by either getting pushed or injured by the zombies (clawed, kicked, energy used to push the zombies away if he got caught/ganged, etc). No need to show actual biting, but meh. I always just thought that some of them have some kind of immunity. When you think about it, you are slaying hundreds of zombies, you basically got blood all over you (zombie blood, that is) and if it transfer via biting, how come you didnt get infected if some of the blood got into your mouth?
NightLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
thefreeman0001

i think i know how it works in the dead rising universe but it would spoil the plot for the op :|
thefreeman0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
TehCoffeeRobber

It's a trade off in story for a boost in gameplay. Anything that happens in the game in relation to Chuck or Frank being hurt is ignored unless it happens in a cutscene. Just think about how much it would suck to have to beat the whole game without being hit by a zombie.
TehCoffeeRobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
Sinsarmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehCoffeeRobber View Post
It's a trade off in story for a boost in gameplay. Anything that happens in the game in relation to Chuck or Frank being hurt is ignored unless it happens in a cutscene. Just think about how much it would suck to have to beat the whole game without being hit by a zombie.

would make a pretty nice hardcore mode haha
Sinsarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #8
Corrn

Guys, The Number one law in video games is "If it's not in a cut scene, it never happened.
Corrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #9
Almostgfx

They could use the same idea seen in part 2 of the left 4 dead comics
Almostgfx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2