Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin

Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #16
BaronYiffington

I tried, and was basically told that I'm out of luck.

Guy told me that unless I can provide evidence that Steam told me to contact EA, they won't do anything at all. This is after giving my receipt and both my pre-order and retail CD key.

Last edited by BaronYiffington: 09-22-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
GaZzErZz

It appears it is luck of the draw, depends on the supporters mood, I just got offered 20% discount, then she ddiscovered i was from the UK and got offered 15%
even after showing her all the stuff about people given free games.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
BaronYiffington

Contacted another EA rep immediately after the first one, and was given a 20$ discount. Better than nothing.

Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
GaZzErZz

see, luck of the draw. Some are in a bad mood, others less so.

One who was definitely in a bad mood when I got through to him ended up giving me a fake discount code ]:
got back on to support to give me a new code. Hopefully they do

Last edited by GaZzErZz: 09-22-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #20
Korn1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaurs View Post
I didn't use my Key, still have my pre-order key and game key unused. I didn't get anything because I had purchased too long ago.
I pre-ordered too, and got the $20 coupon. I still had 20 hours or so from the original 60 though, and had bought 20 more in order to get buddy keys before they announced anything about administration.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
DazMazDa

You picked Dragon Age 2?

Nice job selling your soul there.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
jiminator

I had to do a lot more persuading, but in the end they gave me a new car....
Old 09-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #23
Dragonshadow

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
I had to do a lot more persuading, but in the end they gave me a new car....
Go troll one of the QQ threads, not one that actually helps.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #24
digitalanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaurs View Post
I didn't use my Key, still have my pre-order key and game key unused. I didn't get anything because I had purchased too long ago.
Weird, because I have the Prepurchase version of APB, and I got to choose another game as well from EA. Maybe this depends on the agent you get on live chat, but if one person gets a game of choice, everyone should...
Old 09-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #25
EliteTemptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalanime View Post
Weird, because I have the Prepurchase version of APB, and I got to choose another game as well from EA. Maybe this depends on the agent you get on live chat, but if one person gets a game of choice, everyone should...
or they can keep on trying to get new agents
Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #26
JimBobFett

APB's UA is as follows...
"TO PLAY THE GAME, YOU MUST REGISTER ONLINE WITH THE ENCLOSED SERIAL CODE. PURCHASE INCLUDES 50 HOURS OF ACTION DISTRICT GAMEPLAY. ADDITIONAL GAMEPLAY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. ONLY ONE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE PER GAME. INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL APPLICABLE INTERNET FEES. ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS, GAMEPLAY PURCHASE DETAILS AND FEATURE UPDATES CAN BE FOUND AT www.APB.com. YOU MUST BE 18+ TO REGISTER ONLINE AND PLAY THIS GAME. REALTIME WORLDS MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE. REALTIME WORLDS MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.APB.com."

I dont suppose this APB UA could conflict with Steam's UA or force their hand, now would it? If all Steam is going to do is shrug it off, I dont think I will be buying any games from them anymore that require an ongoing server/support/development/upkeep investment since they may sell it, but dont support it one bit. No more MMO's through steam (not that Im even a big MMO/MMORPG player... I think City of Heroes and APB are the only ones I have like this) seems to be the best solution!

Or, we will have to start making multiple steam accounts ("cellular" accounts) when purchasing 'risky games' so that if we do call up the credit card company to get a refund issued when a game goes bogus like this, the only game & account we lose is just that one.

Seems odd to me that Steam would give everyone the finger like that. Im sure some will defend them from the business, legal, and UA standpoints, but the one thing you cant get around is that it is still BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE that no amount of exuses will rectify.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #27
Dragonshadow

Banned
Yea, I mean hell even RTW said that you have to talk to the entity you purchased it from (Steam in this case)
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM   #28
dreamss

ea will refund your steam purchase, just dont take a no for answer. they wont give money back but give you a free game or $20 coupon

Old 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #29
SwaggerShot

Woot, I got BF: BC 2 as compensation with Daniel.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #30
TwizteD25

Just received battlefield bad company 2 from EA live chat with only showing steam open while sharing my screen to the live chat person.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > APB All Points Bulletin