Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
MrPuschel

Keyboard issues with Darksiders

First, i think it's an very bad design descision to let the player no choice of the kind of control, he want to use.

To my Problem, the game detects an xbox360 controller which simply is not there. As an result of this, i cannot play the game.

I have tried the following things:
- Unplug special hardware. (like usb devices, mouse and keyboard)
- deinstall special hardware from the device manager
- looking for ini files
- a lot of reboots

Still the same Problem. Anyone have a solution for this? Except buy a piece of plastic for approximatly 49 Euro.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
pnx

I dont want to be rude, but please use the search function.
5 threads down there is already a thread to that:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1440170

please check this thread if it helps somehow, if dont, please continue on the other thread. or we will have 5 of these threads in a couple of days
thanks!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
MrPuschel

I read the thread and the problem there was solved, but however, thanks. I will post there after i tryed a few more things.
MrPuschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Kaedex

I have a logitech gamepad and if I try playing with it the camera is stuck facing down, can only move it on the horizontal, even with the 360 emulator (xinput1_3.dll)the same thing happens, and can't use the keyboard either with the gamepad connected to the pc, have to either disable it in device manager or unplug..

Did they even beta test this game for 5 minutes ?
Kaedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
pnx

yeah, got the same problem, but have a xbox gamepad now, and it works pretty fine with that. its 35€ here. i think its wortht that, besides the xbox gamepad is really good
Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #6
Exinjeru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnx View Post
yeah, got the same problem, but have a xbox gamepad now, and it works pretty fine with that. its 35€ here. i think its wortht that, besides the xbox gamepad is really good
You've posted this in every thread about control problems. It's not a solution.
Exinjeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #7
restiffbard

So, yeah, the whole idea of "just use an Xbox controller" doesn't seem to work either. Keyboard doesn't work. Mouse doesn't work. Xbox controller doesn't work. Drivers for everything all up to date. Devices all function normally in any other application. I'm typing this aren't I? Controller works just fine in one of the Tomb Raider games.

Plug things in, unplug them, shake a dead chicken, sacrifice a goat. Doesn't work.

Not really asking for help at this point. Just a tad irritated seeing as I've been looking forward to playing this for months now.
restiffbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 AM   #8
pnx

is the xbox controller correctly installed? does it appear under gamepads in the windows control panel?
Unplug all gamepads and check if there are some leftovers in the hardware managers. once there is no gamepad the game should be playable via the keyboard and mouse
Old 09-23-2010, 03:09 AM   #9
DK12009

I have the same issues. Wired xbox controller working for all other games and working in device menu. I have a Logitech G13 that I unplugged along with the xbox controller and the main menu still shows an xbox controller.
Keyboard / mouse don't work and camera stuck low orbiting main character with no input being excepted.
DK12009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #10
pnx

that usually means, that there is any sort of device left in the hardware manager. check there if you can find something.
i only have a very simple logitech keyboard and a mx518. nothing else plugged and no gamepad installed and when i start the game it works via mouse and keyboard for me
Old 09-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
DK12009

Sorry but I have unplugged all USB devices and just left the keyboard / mouse and problem persists. To be honest if the answer is unplug all your USB devices to play this game then the developer should not be porting console games to the PC platform.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 AM   #12
DK12009

Just posted on the Darksiders forums to see if a Dev will help. I tried posting on the Darksiders PC Support topic, but its locked.
http://community.darksiders.com/foru...ussion/general
Old 09-23-2010, 03:39 AM   #13
Exinjeru

THQ normally has pretty good support even for PC ports but it looks like the darksiders devs aren't even ready to care if they don't even have a support forum when the game comes out.
Exinjeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 03:41 AM   #14
DK12009

I have a really bad feeling about this.. From the readme :

Please note that Darksiders does not support Microsoft® Windows®
95/98/NT/2000, Beta/Release Candidate versions of Windows 7, or
64-bit versions of any operating system.

But in the recommended specs :
- Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Dual Core 2.60Ghz,
Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Dual Core 2.13Ghz

(For those who don't know, both of these are x64 cpu's)

Im going to hold off and give them some time to see if we can get this problem fixed before I start badmouthing anyone....
Old 09-23-2010, 03:45 AM   #15
pnx

well except of my lagging ingame videos it runs fine for me on my windows 64 bit. could play with both gamepad / keyboard. I think a mayor gamepad issue is, that you cant set the buttons manually
So that shouldnt be the problem

Last edited by pnx: 09-23-2010 at 03:47 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders