Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2010

Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Danos138

Disappointed :(

having horrible audio issues making the game unplayable.(everything works fine outside of a race and outside of this game). the graphics are utterly horrible aside from cars/tracks , there are jagged lines everywhere and even the mini map is all jagged. the game looks and feels incomplete. and for a game the is supposed to be in "high definition" it sure looks like crap. but i guess to be "HD" all you need to be able to do is get upto those resolutions you dont have to make them look good. im sure it could be a good game or even fun. but right now i cant even play and seriously thinking about reversing the charges on my credit card because i did not buy a game that should still be in beta.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Danos138

also the cars are they all the same i dont see any stats for them when i pick them or anything. and when racing i feel very little control over my own vehicle like when im about to spin out or anything to regain control or anything feels very unattached.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
dotnerdify

Welcome to the club of the disappointed! F1 championship edition's graphics looks way better. But well, this is what happens when you buy a game over YouTube videos.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Danos138

i did my research on codemasters official websites and their forums. i didnt blindly purchase a game, altho clearly its nothing like anything i researched on official websites from the developers. this is false advertising codemasters has made amazing games in the past i own them all no regrets. now this is just bad its nothing like it had claimed and it lacks so much refinement i would even say this version of the game would just be ready for a beta test!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
vpsaline

This game is a joke, I regret buying it. Its an unpolished marketing hyped console arcade game with countless flagrant bugs which codemasters should be really ashamed of having put their name on. I regret buying it 100%.

Its like if codemasters said, when the cars are able to go around a lap the game is finished! Wow!
vpsaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
reapox666

Upgrade your computers and stop complaining.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
Danos138

yeah i mean and it doesnt even feel like you have control of the cars either, i mean i cant tell when im about to use too much throttle and spin out you just start spinning feel so detached from the vehicle itself. im sure that the people who are "loving" the game are playing with all assists on because there are alot less things to complain about when the computer is assisting you driving.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
Danos138

im on a top end PC with all up to date software and drivers.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
vpsaline

Not , this game is just a farce.

Did codemaster ever play it's own game on the pc b4 launching it? Its obvious they never did.
vpsaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
Danos138

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsaline View Post
Not , this game is just a farce.

Did codemaster ever play it's own game on the pc b4 launching it? Its obvious they never did.
i feel the same way, especially with Codemasters quality games they have released this is just bull. hard to believe the same people made Dirt1&2, Grid. am i supposed to be scared that dirt3 is going to suck now? because thats what i am thinking after this lump of crap. hopefully they get patching soon so its atleast playable.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
steaky17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danos138 View Post
yeah i mean and it doesnt even feel like you have control of the cars either, i mean i cant tell when im about to use too much throttle and spin out you just start spinning feel so detached from the vehicle itself. im sure that the people who are "loving" the game are playing with all assists on because there are alot less things to complain about when the computer is assisting you driving.
Turn on the aids then! I found it hard at first but you have to slowly add throttle and not fully engage the brakes if you dont use aids. This is realistic.

Compare to F1 CE with aids on and off. They drive quite similar.

A current F1 car is not easy to drive because all these aids are gone, unlike a few years ago.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
abczyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotnerdify View Post
Welcome to the club of the disappointed! F1 championship edition's graphics looks way better. But well, this is what happens when you buy a game over YouTube videos.
You're kidding, right...

F1 cars are tough to drive. That's why a lot of drivers such as Bourdais from similar racing series have a tough time migrating to it, because they are extremely powerful and unforgiving.

If you blast full throttle coming out of a corner, you will spin. If you brake 100% for every corner, you will destroy the tyres.

And of course the cars are similar, that's the way F1 is. If you want a ranking of the teams, a basic one would be:

Red Bull/McLaren > Ferrari > Mercedes > Renault > Force India/Williams/Sauber/Torro Rosso > Lotus/Hispania/Virgin
abczyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #13
Danos138

im saying that you dont feel in control i dont feel it start to slip i dont feel the tires screeeching i dont FEEL any of this. its just accelerate oops too much now spinning. im using an xbox controller and i dont think there is any vibration or anything.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
lolramen

Quote:
im saying that you dont feel in control i dont feel it start to slip i dont feel the tires screeeching i dont FEEL any of this. its just accelerate oops too much now spinning. im using an xbox controller and i dont think there is any vibration or anything.
Trying to control an F1 car with a 360 controller is lol worthy. I saw some gameplay with it, and it looks no fun at all. Get a good wheel and turn the the deadzone to 0. I'm using the Logitech MOMO wheel and absolutely love it. Even with the full control of a wheel and pedals, I race with aids on. It's extremely hard to push hard with them off because your tires turn to cheese and you spin out coming out of every corner. It's possible, but it's HARD even with a wheel. This is the nature of F1 cars though.

The game feels very realistic to me (not including the damage modeling). Down shifting too quickly will lock up your rear wheels. You have to practice a track for a while before you get it. I spend up to an hour and a half for each race weekend perfecting the lines, qualifying, and racing.

This isn't a game you can just jump into. Personally, I really like it that way.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #15
lil-bro209

Quote:

OMFG I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST READ!!!!!!! I have sat here and watched all your shiznit fits over this WHOLE FORUM and I find out you are on a XBOX360 CONTROLLER!!!!! WHAT A DAMN JOKE YOU ARE CHILD!!!! Get a G27 or a Fanatec wheel or even a damn DFGT and stfu!!!!! I know when the car is about to spin because the wheel gets light so i counter and correct.. How the hell are you suppose to know when it will break loose on a controllers joystick you dumb basterd. These things are running on slicks and are SUPER HIGH HP AND TORQUE! Imagine your rubber shoes on a glass tile wet floor. You grip like crazy but then when you break traction you simply flip over like a moron. THEY ARE NOT STREET TIRES. YOU WILL NOT HEAR SCREECHING, YOU WILL NOT SLOWLY LOSE CONTROL, YOU WILL SIMPLY SPIN LIKE A DAM TOP WHEN YOU BREAK TRACTION. There is NO WAY to feel this on a controller of ANY kind. God I wish I could just take my shoe off and hit you with it! What a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > F1 2010