Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2

Old 09-24-2010, 03:49 AM   #1
Robersdee24

Terrible Release

this release is an absolute joke, one of the worst I can think of in the recent past. Is it the 24th? the 28th? now sites are reporting 1st Oct. Capcom hasn't said anything apart from 24th in Europe which isn't true since GFWL wont let you play. Not to mention the fact us Europeans have a 24th release date and steam won't unlock it for us, though they never have a problem unlocking American releases on time and making us wait!

what an amateur ing show they are putting on.

oh and coupled with the fact that on the 360, if one person saves in a coop game you both get disconnected. Are you ing serious? that simple gamebreaker didnt come up in testing? someone saving? are you serious Capcom?

amateur hour.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #2
thefreeman0001

the worst news is the game has performance issues on consoles. framerate slow downs are common. this does not look good for the pc version if they cant even optimise the game properly for a uniform platform like the consoles how are they gonna do it for the pc with its different combinations of components OS's GPU's etc.
thefreeman0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
Rogersdead

It's a terrible release because of some conflicting release day reports that are all within 1 week of each other?

And freeman, lets just wait for the release before we start screaming poor port etc.
Rogersdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
Robersdee24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogersdead View Post
It's a terrible release because of some conflicting release day reports that are all within 1 week of each other?
erm yes, you have no clue what your talking about.

theres like 3 different dates that are interchangable apparently, its released in stores here in the uk yet GFWL wont let you play it for another 5 days.

its a joke mate, and if you dont see that your clinically .
Robersdee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 AM   #5
thefreeman0001

it has been a bad release especially when capcom have said the pal regions will get it first and neglected to mention that the pc version wouldnt even be playable until data XYZ to suit GFWL. im hoping that things turn out for the better and that the port is fine but right now im keeping my expectations low so ill either be pleasantly suprised or just left pretty much thinking "meh"
thefreeman0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:02 AM   #6
Rogersdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersdee24 View Post
erm yes, you have no clue what your talking about.

theres like 3 different dates that are interchangable apparently, its released in stores here in the uk yet GFWL wont let you play it for another 5 days.

its a joke mate, and if you dont see that your clinically .
You're crying because you might, at worst, have to wait 3 days to play the game later than first thought. The 24th was never announced by Capcom.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #7
Robersdee24

Quote:
You're crying because you might, at worst, have to wait 3 days to play the game later than first thought. The 24th was never announced by Capcom.
erm yes it was, it was on the official site.....you giant .
Old 09-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #8
Rogersdead

Quote:
erm yes it was, it was on the official site.....you giant .
Can't find it, can you link it please?

EDIT - I can't find any official statements from Capcom for the 24th Sep or the 1st October. The only official one i can find from them is the 28th

Quote:
Digital PC launch will be September 28th for release in North America and Europe. DR2 PC will also be at retail in both territories on the 28th (limited supply in North America so if you see it, grab it).
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...or_the_pc?pg=3

It seems the other dates rumours spread from sites like amazon changing their dates. But as far as i can see it will unlock on steam on the 28h just as it always has been since the pre-order went up last month.

Unless someone has some info to prove otherwise?

Last edited by Rogersdead: 09-24-2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 AM   #9
trusteft

Where did you hear about slow downs on the consoles? I was thinking on getting the console version of this so that I don't have to deal with DRM and lack of expansions/DLCs which are bound to be plentiful (and perhaps some of them good).
trusteft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
Chapa9dj

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeman0001 View Post
the worst news is the game has performance issues on consoles. framerate slow downs are common. this does not look good for the pc version if they cant even optimise the game properly for a uniform platform like the consoles how are they gonna do it for the pc with its different combinations of components OS's GPU's etc.
Yes, i heard there are problems with the console version of this game, i was thinking on getting the PS3 version but most of my friends decided to pre-order it for PC, so i didn't have any other choice.
I just hope i don't regret this.
Chapa9dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:22 AM   #11
Nintendan

Quote:
Can't find it, can you link it please?

EDIT - I can't find any official statements from Capcom for the 24th Sep or the 1st October. The only official one i can find from them is the 28th

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...or_the_pc?pg=3

It seems the other dates rumours spread from sites like amazon changing their dates. But as far as i can see it will unlock on steam on the 28h just as it always has been since the pre-order went up last month.

Unless someone has some info to prove otherwise?
If I can find it there is proof to what he is saying. I watched a interview where the guy from capcom says yes EU will get the game early.

FOUND IT!!!
http://www.destructoid.com/tape-it-o...2-183775.phtml With in the last few seconds he says EU has a earlier release date.

Edit: also Sven says DIGITAL versions of the game will be released on the 28th. Still I know more than a few people with the retail copy and GFWL is still not letting them play.

Last edited by Nintendan: 09-24-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Nintendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #12
Rogersdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendan View Post
If I can find it there is proof to what he is saying. I watched a interview where the guy from capcom says yes EU will get the game early.

FOUND IT!!!
http://www.destructoid.com/tape-it-o...2-183775.phtml With in the last few seconds he says EU has a earlier release date.

Edit: also Sven says DIGITAL versions of the game will be released on the 28th. Still I know more than a few people with the retail copy and GFWL is still not letting them play.
Fair enough thanks for the link. But to be honest i thought the op was talking about the release on steam, which has never changed. And it's what i have always gone by as i pre-ordered on steam.

But i guess now there will loads on complaints in this forum from retail buyers who want their game now ie this one. Not like it's anything to do with steam but there you go...
Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
Robersdee24

im not talking about the steam date, its available in stores now in the uk, I have my retail copy now, but have to wait 4 days, what a ing joke.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #14
rrp

Banned
Quote:
im not talking about the steam date, its available in stores now in the uk, I have my retail copy now, but have to wait 4 days, what a ing joke.
As annoying as it is,they don't care because regardless of how many people complain the developer will still get paid. Take l4d2 for example, remember all the protesting to that game? Made no difference
Your just gonna have to deal with it, its only a game after all. Make a mental note not to make plans over a game
rrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
TehCoffeeRobber

All I see in this thread is a bunch of people baaaawing because they can't play the game before the official PC release date. GFWL did this to eliminate stores selling it early.
TehCoffeeRobber is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2