Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series

Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
Rethlyr

Fix for KOTOR Fail to Start

Hey folks,

Like many of you here, I had problems starting the game. Nothing would happen when I hit the executable.

I fixed the problem by upgrading my OpenGL driver files. I'm on Windows 7 64 Bit. I have ATI 4870's, and was using ATI driver 10.8.

When checking the web it said my ATI drivers (10.8) were the newest one available. In reality, the OpenGL files in the package were not fully updated.

I downloaded and ran a program called Driver Genius - it is not freeware btw - and it detected that part of my ATI driver package was not up to date. It ran an update sequence for me and my OpenGL driver listed under the Catalyst interface shifted from 6.14.10.746 to 6.14.10.10151.

The game now starts with no trouble, no compatibility mode, maximum settings, movies enabled.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:37 PM   #2
HungryGhost

This sounds like a scam. Why didnt you check your comp to see your driver.
Always check the offical website. (ATI or Nvidia)

Last edited by HungryGhost: 12-13-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
LATTEH

Banned
10.4 also work. but for some reason you need to put the atioglxx.dll in the Kotor folder.
LATTEH is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Knights of the Old Republic Series