Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jolly Rover

Old 09-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
Kewp

great game

just finished the game and have to say i was more that satisfied with it, so thanks Brawsome for a solid game and fun game (which got me back into the adventure genre )

hope to play more of your stuff in the future.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
Menacia

same here. I really loved it and hope for more. And I too got interested in the classic adventure genre because of the "useless lubber Jolly Rover me pub".
Menacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
brawsome

Brawsome Pty Ltd.
Thanks =0). I too hope to continue to make more games. But alas I'm still a bit of a way off getting a budget for a new one.
brawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Panko Z

Just finished the game and it was fantastic! The characters, dialogue, humor: all top notch (Gaius reflecting on the waterfall on Cannibal Island was my favorite part ). I especially liked blue/white text design choice.

Game gets a solid A from me so good job guys and I can't wait to see more!
Panko Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
WebtoolMaster

Hi,

I wait of a german speaking or text version only. I heared in this forum that jolly will supported more different langauges in future?
WebtoolMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #6
CKcheeseboy

Well, I'll be honest, the only reason I got this was because of the Steam bundle that had other games I was interested in, and my first impression was that it was just some Monkey Island imitation. I'm not even a third of the way through, though, and I have to say this game really impressed me, and I'll definitely look forward to any future games like this from you.

Particularly, I really like the blue/white text thing. I'm the type of guy who likes to go through every dialogue option possible, and it's nice to not have to click on every object in the game twice to find out if it has more than one line or not. It's pretty brilliant and I wish other adventure games used it. The ability to increase the walking speed is nice too so there's not as much dead time just waiting for the character to walk across the screen. Little things like those just add to how much this game exceeded my expectations.

My only (minor) gripe is the lack of saves, because I like to save even in adventure games where you can't "lose" just in case I progress before I mean to and miss a bunch of dialogue, but it's totally understandable the way you did it so it's not that big of a deal.

Here's hoping we can see more games from you at some point!
CKcheeseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
brawsome

Brawsome Pty Ltd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebtoolMaster View Post
Hi,

I wait of a german speaking or text version only. I heared in this forum that jolly will supported more different langauges in future?
I can confirm that we're getting a german text translation done, I'm not certain of when it will be out though.
brawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:55 AM   #8
Oizo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawsome View Post
I can confirm that we're getting a german text translation done, I'm not certain of when it will be out though.
Any News about this?
Oizo88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jolly Rover