Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2

Old 09-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
Assassin7890

DR2 CO Op problems

Hey,
So I've been trying to play CO-OP with a mate but I get this error:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9277/dr2error.png

He can join and be joined by other players in CO-OP and same for me. So why is it that I can't join him? My NAT port and his are both set to strict on GFWL settings. But it should make no difference because as I said he can and I can both join and be joined on other CO-OP games. My UPnP is set to yes and MW2 tells me my NAT port is open. Any idea what the problem is?
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
PhamousVegas

Make sure Dead Rising 2 is allowed through Windows Firewall AND any other Antiviruses or Firewalls you have installed.

Then manually forward the following ports to your PC.
TCP 80, UDP 88, UDP 3074, TCP 3074, UDP 53, TCP 53

I wouldn't recommend forwarding 80 unless all else fails.
Even if others can connect to you, NAT can be very picky. Opening it should fix your issue.
PhamousVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Assassin7890

ok so my NAT port is open and so is his. I got a different friend to join me and it worked and that same friend joined him and it worked. So why can't i join the first guy? It has to be a DR2 fail because that proves that both of us can be joined in co op.
Assassin7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #4
can03

I search any coop game but my game not found any game only waiting searcing for game screen.Pls anyone help me
can03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
BenKYS

Me and my friend are having a similar problem. After about a billion tries earlier today I finally connected to him and we played lag free for about four hours.

I don't understand why it was having such a god damn hard time connecting to him since we both have Open NATs and we both have awesome internet connections. It was jarateing me off. Anyways it was giving me that same exact error you posted.

I actually had to exit out and try to rejoin due to a bug where I got stuck outside the map and couldn't get out, and no matter what we did it wouldn't fix itself. So I exited out and tried to rejoin, and of course that stupid error shows up. After about 30 minutes of trying to connect to him again we gave up.

I think it's just a failure on Capcom's part, they can never seem to make a properly working online system. RE5's was borked too.

Last edited by BenKYS: 09-29-2010 at 04:35 PM.
BenKYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Product

My housemate and I are unable to play co-op. I _think_ it might have something to do with being behind the same IP.

I was able to play with another friend fine; and have done a few random's as well.
Product is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
Bonesaw28

Yeah I think If you have the same IP address it won't work. Me and my brother have been trying to play and it gives us that gay error. Very frustrating, last time I buy a Capcom game.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dead Rising 2