Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Old 10-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Trekkiegrrrl

Loading from Steam Cloud - game not there?!

When I'm away, I play Civ V on my laptop, and at home I prefer to play it on my desktop computer.

And before I left today, I saved the game to the Steam Cloud, and loaded it just fine. But the revers isn't possible, it seems.

All I get on my desktop computer is the game I saved when I left home. NOT the one I saved from the laptop. I even tried saving in a new slot on the lappy, and that slot is empty when seen from the desktop pc >_<

Is there a way to refresh the cloud? Has anyone expirienced this? Should I just find the saved game on the laptop and manually copy it over?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
JaY_III

i am having the same problem...

temp fix is to do a manual copy of the save game.
copy the saves from this folder on your laptop
C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves
to that directory on your desktop
JaY_III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
AnsonMage

I couldn't load from the steam cloud either, though it was a mod save and that may have been the cause of it since the game wouldn't load the autosaves of the mod game either.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
Plutonic

Just had this too, put in a few hours of play on the laptop and the save game at work is out of date, I'm guessing it does a time check on the saves and doesn't bother fetching it because it thinks it already has it or something.

Edit: I managed to force a sync by deleting civ 5's steam cache (Steam\userdata\12055544\8930), but it doesn't help, so I can only assume that the problem is with saving to the steam cloud but shutting down steam before its had a chance to sync.

Last edited by Plutonic: 10-05-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series