Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
shadowcreaper

person claimig to be VAC and trying to hack you

Il exsplain, i have noticed there is a guy whos adding random people to his friends list then sending them messages saying

"his seen your name on steam forums and that your a cheat so is going to ban you."

he then tries to malware and hack your pc while he sends you these messages then uses a link via message to the forum post about you being a cheater..you then would click on this link and then get hacked.

his name ends with a clan tag of [USSR} and has a red eagle as picture
Old 10-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
Zarob

People must honestly be bored less to be bothered doing things like this.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Bloopy

Lol, nice english that Hijacker has, just report him.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
NKuga

I almost feel like people who fall for these blatant scams deserve what they get. Especially taking into account an ounce of common sense and the numerous warnings given about phishers.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Alexc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKuga View Post
I almost feel like people who fall for these blatant scams deserve what they get. Especially taking into account an ounce of common sense and the numerous warnings given about phishers.
I do have to agree with you, a lot of people say that the people doing it are sad and doing it in the first place etc, which is true, but it doesn't really say much for the people who actually fall for it, you haven't got to be a genius not to fall for it.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Metro

Common sense > all hijacking attempts.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
Cronq

The evidence continues to mount that mankind's attempt to circumvent natural selection will come back to bite our species in the butt.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #8
shadowcreaper

point is ofc i didnt fall for it but you have to relise the avg age of most people who use steam isnt going to be that high.

i see plenty of people about 14 or younger around and these sorts of fishing hacks where they tell you they seen your name on forum as a hacker you say show me, they show you link, you click is very easy to fall for for a lot of people.

if somone send you a email from your bank asking for information you probally might fall for it like millions of people do every year.

point it, these people can easly be stopped if steam added a "report funtion" on the chat window for abuse racism and other hacking scams, it actually part of law in some countrys that all instant messager systems has a "REPORT FUNTION" on the chat windows so these things can be easly reported.

i suggest steam includes a report funtion via chat window as the current system of going to their profile ect is far to complex and needs to be simple system.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
eram

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the report.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion