Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Medal of Honor series

Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Trypa

Banned
Thumbs down MoH doesn't worth $60.

Let's be clear. This game from whatever angle you look at it is a bad attempt of MW2 and a really bad one, at least the MP part. It is amazingly easy to catch up. The secret, well, grab a sniper and hide behind a rock because otherwise, well, is just spam-die-spam rinse and repeat. It is such a common sense in this game that out of five games three were the two teams stuck camping and sniping without caring for defending or attacking. The layout of the game, the design is precisely what signs its future failure by narrowing down the gameplay to a camping fest.
If anyone ask I'd recommend BF:BC2. It is a way, way better.

Last edited by Trypa: 10-04-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
i_2_i

Banned
yes camping fest for one side. i'm not buying until it's on sale for $4.50...
i_2_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Pillz_Here

I think MoH is a pretty bad game. eh is a BC2 ripoff and doesn't worth $60.
Pillz_Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #4
alphaofuromega

Trypa if you want people to take your point of view seriously "learn proper grammer!!" and shut the up until you can make a title of your post that is gramatically correct!
alphaofuromega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
zzzappp

Banned
i like his english, i don't like your attitude on him though
zzzappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Rage Quitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaofuromega View Post
Trypa if you want people to take your point of view seriously "learn proper grammer!!" and shut the up until you can make a title of your post that is gramatically correct!
I've taken him serioulsy, This games MP is bad. Now get to the back of the troll bus.
Rage Quitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
bigjonstudd1

Quote:
Erm......grammar you moron!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Leo4444

Doesn't worth $60 hahaha idiot learn how to write. I see the argument in this being like MW2 but MW2 is very unrealistic doesn't even attempt it, the engine for MW2 is horrible. Also when MW2 came out it was a very buggy game. The only people I know who still play it are dumb or children. I for one am glad to not see people jumping down from huge building unharmed, or having team not matter in weapons. If MOH is a ripoff of BC2 then MW2 is a ripoff of COD4 and WAW except worse ofcourse those games were actually had a less buggy release.
Leo4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
bigjonstudd1

Quote:
Oh and grammatically you in moron! Who's the one who needs grammar lessons?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
EyeOfTheHawks

I actually find this game's multiplayer quite fun. The only issue is: Its uhm.. lack-lustre. It doesnt have anything that really stands out above other FPS games. Its nothing new.

This is the result of MW2 and BC2 making babies. Sure, its fun. But it really wont last
EyeOfTheHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
Someusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTheHawks View Post
I actually find this game's multiplayer quite fun. The only issue is: Its uhm.. lack-lustre. It doesnt have anything that really stands out above other FPS games. Its nothing new.

This is the result of MW2 and BC2 making babies. Sure, its fun. But it really wont last
Yea, that's kinda how I saw it too.

Hence is why I'll keep it around, but it won't get BC2 of my number one list.
Someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #12
Kral

I wasn't impressed. It feels like an attempt to find a middle ground between MW2 and Battlefield, but MW2 sucks so it just pulls things toward suck.

I'm also blown away by the near monotone palette they use. For how many years do we have to make fun of artists for these "next gen filters" before they get that we like seeing more than one color at a time? Are they just colorblind and don't notice the problem?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #13
Grudge

Banned
LOL. The dude calling the OP out on Grammar got straight up owned, and he probably doesn't want to post in this thread again, LOL..

Anyway OP, I agree fully. This game is bargain bin trash and should be selling for $20 on release.
Grudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
subtlefuge

The weapon system is frustrating and IMO a severe barrier to entry in this game.

One map in the beta is terrible, while the other is nothing special.

Meh, probably won't pick this up even if it goes on sale.
subtlefuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
Trypa

Banned
Quote:
Right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kral
I wasn't impressed. It feels like an attempt to find a middle ground between MW2 and Battlefield, but MW2 sucks so it just pulls things toward suck.
To be honest the only thing I see from BF:BC2 is the blinding bloom of the engine at a times, other than that this game screams "we wanna be MW2" from all sides. Hell, I even shot an RPG to a wooden box where a guy was hiding and the thing didn't even move giving the guy the chance to come out from his camping site (he was having a picnic over there harvesting kills) and kill me. In BF:BC2 you'd better be careful what you use for cover because otherwise you can get blown up in no time.
BF:BC2 is far superior and I think DICE just thought "ok let's make MW2 in the Frosbite 2.0 engine to laugh at Infinity Ward" and now everyone is laughing at them.

Can you imagine how much this game would improve if the environment was as destructible as in BF:BC2?. Not only campers would cry and moan calling everyone on sight "wallhacker" but also the gameplay itself could even improve MW2 if that's what they wanted to do. Destructible environments are the campers worst nightmare.

DICE now simply took the dive for the cash just like Infinity Ward did but making MoH "accessible to casual gamers" BS.

They should have stick to their style of games.
Trypa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Medal of Honor series