Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion

Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
summitus

Warning about NcSoft

I bought this game from here on Steam and had no problems when purchasing it , however after the the first month of of play I did'nt re-sub and left it at that, a few months later I decided to Resub for a month to see if things had improved enough to play it a little longer .... but to my suprise when I tried to log in to my NcSoft master account it had a message saying this account has been permanantly blocked .

I'm being totally honest when I say that I have not done anything and I also have many other games including Guild Wars and all its expansions on that same account.

I have tried on several occassions to contact Ncsoft but still after 2 months no response ... zilch.

Ok it may be just my bad luck but I thought I would just warn anyone thinking of buying it that NcSoft has zero customer service .

So just take it into consideration before you buy is all ..

thanks for reading .
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Lidgour

Hi Summitus,

I feel your pain, I have hardly been on the game myself. paid a Whole year it was stil on for me last month then as I was going to cancel my subscription since I paid for a year and my subscription was about done.. I found my account banned mysteriously.. I know my PC's I had the game on is not infected.. my other games are fine.. I sent a message to them about it and they report that I had not account control. it goes back to where they had the mass bannings even legit players back 6 months or so ago.. I somehow dodged round one but got nailed this time around. I know they install that stupid rootkit for anticheats.. I know it's purpose so I don't mess with it. I suspect my account could have got flagged when I had to reinstall my OS due to much needed hard drive replacements. which could have flagged the account as being on maybe a duplicate PC with the same OS somehow.. dunno but if they are going the way they are NCSOFT will be loosing a lot more players then they have been.

To the poster that asked if it is still a grindfest, it is even with the XP boosters simmular to the WoW rest system.. it is an insane grind which turned me off on it. Guildwars was great when it came out.. but to keep balance changing skills every single week?? I am sorry but I am not switching skill A that worked nice one week to Skill B which may work nice or not great at all and I have to wait for hero rezes.. sorry.. got to switch to another game there. anyway I am waiting for a NCSoft account rep to get back to me to fix the mess.. if they can not fix it?? or unwilling to. I am sure I will just keep playing other games that have not much problems.. I just want the account to be available if I feel like checking out the game again.
Lidgour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Metazare

I had preordered the game and was playing it since release, I had quit a couple months back because of garbage customer service. Their support is the worst I have ever seen in an MMO.

Infact their support is so slow that just a week or so ago I got a replay from someone in my email box about an ingame issue that I had put in a ticket about roughly 8 months ago. The game is fun at first, but once you get into the core of the game you'll find game breaking issues which make the game unbearable to play.
Metazare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
Lidgour

Here is a update on my issue.. they write me back asking me for all my serial codes for games not even effected by the issue.. yeah like I am going go to be able to find all the information. and their master account software doesn't show all that. and they expect to have someone get that stuff from back in 2006 like right way. OMG this is getting aggravating. maybe there may be legacy e-mails somewhere about it.. hmm 2006.. dunno if I can go back that far.. and god knows about the orginal retail boxes after stuff getting moved around etc. Also the software they use for writing back and forth and for a knoledge base is confusing. company I worked for in the past used the same thing. it worse on the other side of that tool.. Honestly I am about to give up on this..
Old 10-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Lidgour

Update:
After giving them all this info they asked now I got access to the game the names are diffrent on my characters with a ZK after their names now. and the status of them where unchanged cept the game expansion patch placed the character in a diffrent part of town for a spawn point. nice to see an expansion for the game and all.. but I am just done with it.. maybe in the future I may take another look at it.. but with these problems out there now and no problems from my end at all. My Devas are just going stay perched with wings folded.. not trying to steer others from this game.. there is just some underlining problems that have to be worked out by NCSoft and the devs with the auto ban issues.. not going to pay into something when a ban can happen anytime not provoked. good luck to all that play the game..
Old 10-11-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
Boiller

Banned
should be called warning about my account"

i played coh at release, then didnt play for about 4 years, then came back and wanted my acct, had to call them to get password, they asked me a couple questions about the initial acct and the billing, and i had my account back that hour.

ive never had any issue with my acct otherwise, except the fact that i loaded up that crapfest called aion onto my pc once.

one of the best customer service depts of any MMO company ive ever played.
Boiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
scrahn

Got my account perma-blocked too. Found out after not having been subbed for a while, and I wanted to check out the game again. My whole master account was perma-blocked. No reason given.

I'm not even going to bother with trying to get it back, as it's not a game to get bent out of shape over.

Also I've heard people that just priv-msg'd gold-spammers, or bought items from auctionhouse posted by characters involved in real-money goldtrading/botting, got banned. I probably did both of those things, but only to tell the goldspamming tards what I think about them. It's impossible to know if you're buying items from a cheater when browsing the auction house, as the prices are rarely very different from the norm.
scrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #8
Crysis-Revived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metazare View Post
I had preordered the game and was playing it since release, I had quit a couple months back because of garbage customer service. Their support is the worst I have ever seen in an MMO.

Infact their support is so slow that just a week or so ago I got a replay from someone in my email box about an ingame issue that I had put in a ticket about roughly 8 months ago. The game is fun at first, but once you get into the core of the game you'll find game breaking issues which make the game unbearable to play.
Lololololololol you should havevplayed All points bulletin when itvwas still out
Crysis-Revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Theldos

Zk

I just logged in after not playing since the first month since launch. I forgot my passwords for the game and had to go through customer support to get them back. Once logged into the game I noticed my character had ZK at the end of it. Why is that there? A bad sign already, if I wanted to name my character with a zk at the end of it I would have done that.
Theldos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
xzoltan

I actually just logged in on my NCsoft account to try out Aion and found my account banned as well. Guess I'm going to wait for a reply from their support team
xzoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
LeXu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theldos View Post
I just logged in after not playing since the first month since launch. I forgot my passwords for the game and had to go through customer support to get them back. Once logged into the game I noticed my character had ZK at the end of it. Why is that there? A bad sign already, if I wanted to name my character with a zk at the end of it I would have done that.
They probably put several servers together since i got that too on my 2 characters.
Very funny since i got 1 Asmo and 1 Elyos and both where on different servers.
Now they are both on Thor EU.

BTW: My account is not banned.

Last edited by LeXu: 10-21-2010 at 05:59 AM.
LeXu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #12
Primebeef

let the good times roll, my aion CE is also banned, but i dont really give a on that game.

same as posted before, played free month, decided not to subscribe to it, and checked a few month later, account banned.

ncsoft will not get a cent from me, ever.
Primebeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
xzoltan

Just got my account reopened. Was no problem. Took me 2-3 days. Can't complain.
xzoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
Pvthudson01

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzoltan View Post
Just got my account reopened. Was no problem. Took me 2-3 days. Can't complain.
Sure you can complain

You can complain about the FACT THAT YOUR ING ACCOUNT WAS BANNED IN THE FIRST PLACE

If this game didnt suck SO MUCH and become overridden with GOLD FARMERS AND BOTS LIKE EVERY OTHER BAG NCSOFT game then I would say grats on your account back

As it is you just wasted time returning to a really crappy game
Pvthudson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
quazaarman

I disagree with the OP.

One day, I decided to get back into City of Heroes but forgot my password and did not know the email address it was assigned to. I called up customer support, and a gentleman helped me out very efficiently. All I needed was my serial code and he reset the password to a new email address.

Everything was done in 5 minutes.
quazaarman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aion