Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Jordanaiz

Question COD Modern Warfare 2 couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full?

About 2 days ago I had a problem with steam, I started it up, and when i clicked any game it said, "This game is currently unavailable". I have no idea why, but I fixed it by deleting the client registry.blob and deleting the appupdatestats.blob. I restarted my computer and steam, and it worked fine. Now, what I didn't realize is when I play COD or whatever game it is, its not saving my information. For example, in COD say I unlock something or set some control, next time I log in, its like I never unlocked or set anything. And another thing is, I cant run CODMW2 single player, it says, " Modern Warfare couldn't write a file. The hard drive is probably full. " Ive tried defraging the cache files, and verifying local game content. Another thing is, I tried to update L4D2, and it got stuck updated, so I deleted it and started to redownload it. Half way through the download I had to pause it and restart the computer. And when I restarted my computer L4D2 was down to 0% instead of 55... what the hell is going on? Its not saving any of my information, I haven't had a chance to test out my other games but I am sure its not saving info for them as well. Ive tried rebooting and restarting steam, verify game cache files, and I am deleted L4d2 local content to reinstall and see how that goes.. at least if it will actually save the info its installed. Anywho, I would really appreciate some help. This is getting annoying o.-! I've never really had problems with steam, and this is a brand new computer (1-2 months old). If anyone can help me out that would be great, thanks!

BTW My hard drive is not full.

Last edited by Jordanaiz: 10-06-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail

Old 10-06-2010, 12:43 PM   #2
Jordanaiz

Sorry for bumping, but I would also like to add that I've just finished reinstalling COD, and still no luck. It won't start.. Multiplayer works.. but not the singleplayer. And as for L4d2, it works, but when I change any controls on it, it won't save them, just like COD, and I think its got something to do with cloud. As for the singleplayer not starting, that beats me.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips