Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
hisham.albeik

New Crosshair Change

Crosshairs now have customizable size, thickness, and color:
  • cl_crosshairsize specifies the size of the crosshair in pixels at 640x480 resolution
  • cl_crosshairthickness specifies the thickness of the crosshair in pixels at 640x480 resolution
  • The crosshair now scales proportionately for all screen resolutions. This replaces the old scaling behavior, and the cvar cl_crosshairscale is no longer used. Players can revert to old crosshair behavior by setting cl_legacy_crosshair_scale to 1.
  • Setting cl_crosshaircolor to 5 enables the use of custom crosshair colors, specified by cvars cl_crosshaircolor_r, cl_crosshaircolor_g, and cl_crosshaircolor_b.
  • The default of cl_crosshairuseapha has been changed to 1. Alpha blending makes the crosshair much more visible on new HDR maps, and it is recommended that existing players enable this setting manually or through the options interface (Multiplayer->Crosshair appearance->Translucent).
  • Cvar cl_legacy_crosshair has been renamed to cl_legacy_crosshair_recoil for consistency.

Since i'm running out of space on the faq, i'm linking the info regarding crosshair modification here. So to provide a full info on the crosshair change, I'm adding the recoil change that was introduced few updates ago.
  • Made crosshair scale independently of framerate, matching the old behavior at 100 fps. This does not affect actual recoil, fire rate, or spread – only the expansion of the crosshair. Added cl_legacy_crosshair, which defaults to the new behavior.

Please read above regarding this change as the cvar cl_legacy_crosshair has been modified to cl_legacy_crosshair_recoil

So setting cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 1 will bring back your OLD BELOVED crosshair scale. (edit: so you can use cl_crosshairscale)

To change the colors using the custom colors cvars (RGB):
Quote:
Originally Posted by polka View Post
cl_crosshaircolor 5 <-- allows you to customize colours.

cl_crosshaircolor_r 0
cl_crosshaircolor_g 0
cl_crosshaircolor_b 0

makes black

if you set them to 255 then its white.

And ofcourse no RGB stuff would be complete without:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzadzev View Post
Color codes, if you need help finding the right code for your favorite color
Transparency with Crosshairs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodus View Post
There are two blend modes for the crosshair: alpha blending and additive blending.

When cl_crosshairusealpha is 0, the crosshair is additively blended. This is the mode used when the translucency option on the UI is not checked. Additive blending simply adds the color values for the crosshair on the the rendered pixels on the screen. The value for cl_crosshairalpha is ignored when additive blending is used. When additive blending, colors will always get lighter. If the crosshair is over a very brightly lit scene, it will be very difficult to see, if visible at all.

When cl_crosshairusealpha is 1, the crosshair is alpha blended. This is the mode used when the translucency option on the options UI is checked. In alpha blending the crosshair colors are mixed with the rendered pixels using the opacity value specified in cl_crosshairalpha. An alpha value of 0 is completely transparent, and a value of 255 is completely opaque. The default value of 200 is mostly opaque, allowing about 20% of the underlying pixel color to show through.
In other words; If you want black non translucent crosshairs, you need to use alpha blending. ie. cl_crosshairusealpha 1, then set the transparency to fully opaque; ie. cl_crosshairalpha 255.

Last edited by hisham.albeik: 10-08-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
BroflMouth

Thank god you posted this, maybe now people won't start pointlessly raging.
BroflMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
hisham.albeik

Yeah, I was hoping that the update news will show the change, but now it's down. I'm getting "Oops, sorry" not from chrome, but from the website. With a "Site Error" title. I think steam is down for the countdown!!
hisham.albeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
PiNo777

Banned
valve...someday i will know all commands...but if you change it daily...i wont..i pay for a pro css server every month 40 euro......but i cant even use it because of your fu**** up updates every day...steam is overload...last 2 weeks i coulnt even play only 1 ESL game...zblock not working or other issues...just leave this game....

Last edited by PiNo777: 10-06-2010 at 05:56 PM.
PiNo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
necrophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNo777 View Post
valve...someday i will know all commands...but if you change it daily...i wont..i pay for a pro css server every month 40 euro......but i cant even use it because of your fu**** up updates every day...steam is overload...last 2 weeks i coulnt even play only 1 ESL game...zblock not working or other issues...just leave this game....
you just need to read the release notes, then youll see what new cvars have been added or which ones have been removed. and to get a full list of the present cvars and their values you use at present, you always can type "cvarlist log cvarlist.csv" (or cvarlist.txt) to create a dump file in the /cstrike/ folder with all these listed.
necrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
PiNo777

Banned
do you have a own css server?last update zblock stopped working...means its not possible to play any clan wars....just look all the updates last 30 das...theys should leave css like it was before with 100 tick...noone wants the g...y orangebox engine...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
Rockeyy

Quote:
I agree

The whole changing the game, like making flash boosting and bunny hopping an option, was a good idea but they should of made it on by default. Its been like that for years and they just change it.

Same as smokes, man i hate smokes now.
Rockeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
hisham.albeik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockeyy View Post
I agree

The whole changing the game, like making flash boosting and bunny hopping an option, was a good idea but they should of made it on by default. Its been like that for years and they just change it.

Same as smokes, man i hate smokes now.
The reason these were added is because they were requested. If you oppose any of them then take part in the beta. Also valve values all types of communities, hence why they added those cvars. The default value for them was based on how many people they know wanted the new ones rather than the old ones.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
necrophyte

Quote:
do you have a own css server?last update zblock stopped working...means its not possible to play any clan wars....just look all the updates last 30 das...theys should leave css like it was before with 100 tick...noone wants the g...y orangebox engine...
i just suggested how you can easily solve your problem with the cvar changes. i thought the same in the beginning of july after the "big" update, but soon later i recognized that theyre really working on it and every issue has been fixed so far, so i am more than happy with the OB migration and issues right after such thorough updates (=changes!) are just natural..

you can set cs:s not to update automatically when you have wars/matches pending; the same with your server; and then let it update when you think no issues are gonna occur anymore, or an even newer update has been released.
necrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
PiNo777

Banned
i mean maybe the orangebox is an good idea but...there was noone who wants it...why makeing a complete a new engine if noone wants it?this is a waste of time...i formated my pc last weekend 5 times...win xp,win vista,win vista x64,win 7 and win7 x64...and till today noone works...boah valve...1st you cant code ....2nd you suck .3rd if you had luck and something did work like css was...just leave it how it was !
...i cant belive that i did spend a whole weekend only to get 1 game called css running

Last edited by PiNo777: 10-06-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #11
rSw

tbh i just want to see update news of css i keep getting:

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

No feeds configured.

and the failing continus?

if somebody can acces the page and post it that would be great.

Ps: Steam Support cannont give support for srcds! Epic
rSw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #12
hisham.albeik

1) They didn't make a new engine. They ported CSS to new engine.

2) There was a HUGE thread of people asking valve to port CS:S to orange box engine.

3) To bring CSS to Mac OSX, it required the porting of CSS to new engine.

New Platform + Satisfying the request of the many in the forums (those who voiced their opinions) = Porting CSS to new engine.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
PiNo777

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rSw View Post

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

No feeds configured.

Ps: Steam Support cannont give support to srcds! Epic
STEAM+VALVE MOST G** COMBO EVER...here in germany it is 03:30..i did download this update with 50 kb/sec...i could to 1.6mb/sec...
Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
hisham.albeik

Quote:
Originally Posted by rSw View Post

Home > Oops
Oops, sorry!

No feeds configured.

Ps: Steam Support cannont give support to srcds! Epic
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1479998
Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
hisham.albeik

Quote:
STEAM+VALVE MOST G** COMBO EVER
Umm.. combo?!!! Valve created steam. Steam is a software/service provided by valve. Without valve there is no steam.. without steam, there might've been no valve (but I doubt it)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source