Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gothic series

Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
Megalomaniac

Nordic Games Austria
ArcaniA - Gothic 4 North American Release 19th October

Quote:
ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Xbox360 & PC Release Delayed to Oct 19th in North America

Toronto, ON: DreamCatcher Interactive, JoWooD Entertainment & the BVT Group and announce the brief North American release delay of Arcania: Gothic 4. The game was scheduled for an Oct 12th release and has been pushed back one week to October 19th.

The game will be released on October 12th worldwide, and on October 19th in North America.
In North America the release is the 19th of October. This is due to shipping times of the retail version. We apologise for that and hope you can wait for some more days - its worth it!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Just as a small information:

We apologize heavily for that delay for US + Canada however we just want to ensure you, that there will be a great release bundling offer (with a special surprise) and BOTH the Rest-of-the-World Release on October, 12th and the North American Release on October, 19th will have the same adventage in getting this offer.

Valve confirmed its full support on that split of the release date to ensure that there is no disadvantage for North American buyers, except of the 1 week they have to wait longer.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by ThomJWD: 10-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.
ThomJWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
born2expire

Why are the digital versions punished by the shipping of the retail? Isn't this one of the main reasons for a digital version?
born2expire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2expire View Post
Why are the digital versions punished by the shipping of the retail? Isn't this one of the main reasons for a digital version?
You're so right, man. But hey, wasn't my decision, sorry :/
ThomJWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
Zombiemonk

Good luck going up against New Vegas. I know I'll buy both games, but going up against that on the 19th is like suicide.

I have to admit, I'm incredibly angry at the delay. I took off next week from work and it was the last of my 3 vacation weeks. I took it off specifically for Gothic 4.

Too late now. Guess I'll be scouring my hard drive for some old games to play for the next 11 days.
Zombiemonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
AsheMan

You moved the release date to the same day as Fallout: New Vegas? Do you purposefully want to lose sales? I had planned on buying ArcaniA because it would give me something to do for a week before New Vegas. I wonder how many people had the same plans.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:36 AM   #7
jeffreydean1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
You moved the release date to the same day as Fallout: New Vegas? Do you purposefully want to lose sales? I had planned on buying ArcaniA because it would give me something to do for a week before New Vegas. I wonder how many people had the same plans.
Alot of people. This is the final nail (of many) in this game's coffin.
jeffreydean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #8
tanhauser

I agree with the others here.

I'm personally not buying F:NV because I'm just not interested in it, but it seems like financial suicide to release G4 on the 19th.

And I don't think it is an issue of whether people can buy both games or not, even if they can, many will simply choose F:NV over G4. Sad but true.

I already bought the G4+G3 bundle and I don't mind waiting, but I urge you to reconsider this, I know retailers get all (p i s s y), but digital sales shouldn't be punished and you REALLY want to maximize your initial (impulse) sales.

Think about this and pass the word to upper management.

F

Last edited by tanhauser: 10-09-2010 at 07:45 AM.
tanhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
AsheMan

Within 24 hours they announce:

1. We are allowing people to play ArcaniA three days early because some retailers broke our release date and we don't want to punish the customers who bought the game early.

AND

2. We are pushing back the North American digital release of ArcaniA because we screwed up the shipping of the retail copies. We are punishing anyone who intended to buy our digital product in North America.

Why would you not show the same respect to your North American digital purchasers as you are showing to the early retail purchasers? Then factor in the whole Fallout: New Vegas release on the same day and I just want to smack my forehead in disbelief.
AsheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #10
jeffreydean1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsheMan View Post
Why would you not show the same respect to your North American digital purchasers as you are showing to the early retail purchasers? Then factor in the whole Fallout: New Vegas release on the same day and I just want to smack my forehead in disbelief.
Because as JoWood have proven over and over and over and over again, they are disrespectful idiots that will cut off their nose to spite their faces. This is completely normal behavior for them and Im honestly baffled at how people seem surprised.
jeffreydean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
Valcutio

Dude, you just lost a sale. I was ready to purchase this game to kill time till New Vegas launched... but this is seriously the single most stupid thing I have ever seen a game company do.

You're seriously going to try to go head to head with the new Fallout game? LOL.
Valcutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
bartoni33

Banned
Are you guys (JoWood) scared of money? Or success? WTF is up with this? NO REASON WHATSOEVER to make ANYONE wait for this game THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED EARLY in other parts of the world! If you didn't notice, this is a STEAM forum you posted your lame reply to, STEAM does not require Snail Mail to get its games to its customers. Nor do we have to go to the STEAM Store at the local Strip Mall to buy it. It is sent digitally through the internet (it's a series of tubes ya know) straight to our computers. No wait needed. So why are we waiting?

You guys have just created the first legitimate reason for File Sharers to DL this (or any other) game "early"! GG Guys!

Edit to add: Oh yeah, the whole "going up against F:NV" thing is a pretty suave business move too. "Lets create a contrived reason for people to have to choose between our little niche game and one of the biggest franchises in PC gaming history!" I always heard that First Week Sales are a BIG DEAL in your line of work. Good luck with that.

Last edited by bartoni33: 10-09-2010 at 09:16 PM. Reason: So jarateed I forgot some hate to spew!
bartoni33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #13
Burningwolf

Mabey on black friday...
On the 19th? nope...I'll be in Vegas
Burningwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #14
speedrat

You lost a sale...mine...I will be in Vegas...Thank you for making my difficult decision...well easy.
speedrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
arthur83

if you are going to relese arcania on steam 19th of oct you should
post on steam arcania advertisements that arcania will be released 19th insted of the 12th.
I just bought it on steam thinking I was going to get this on the 12th and canceled my order with game stop. felt like i was lied to. I don't think anyone cares about the gothic 3 being added in for free because most people who are buying the game already own gothic3. What these people of this forum and any gothic fans want is to atleast play gothic4 on the 12 of oct

Last edited by arthur83: 10-10-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gothic series