Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
fr33st00s

Phone number to contact Steam?

Ive been trying to get a game working for the past 3 days.
I sent in a support ticket, and i have yet to get a reply back (I sent it in 3days ago)
Is there a Phone number so i can get my problem fixed?

And can someone tell me how to find out how much hard drive space i have on my computer?

Last edited by fr33st00s: 10-11-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
ddrstreak

Is the game an actual Valve game?

https://support.steampowered.com/ is for issues related to Steam itself. If the game installs fine just isn't running right you'll probably have to go through the game's developer site for support.

I don't think there's a phone number for support, sorry.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Niji89

I am yet to see a phone number for support but I imagine it would be a long wait, but an awesome one like blizzards
Old 10-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
fr33st00s

Okay thanks, and im not sure if its a install problem or the game itself.

It is when i try to launch the game, it goes to lunching game to "Can't find enough hard drive space" and i have plenty of space.

Last edited by fr33st00s: 10-11-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
SSSSSSSSSS

No phone number and I wouldn't expect a helpful reply either. Your best bet is to google search your specific issue. Steam support is an absolute joke.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #6
fr33st00s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSSSSSSSS View Post
No phone number and I wouldn't expect a helpful reply either. Your best bet is to google search your specific issue. Steam support is an absolute joke.
Ive tryed that still cant find anyone with my problems..
Is it possible to get a refund? I would like to recover some of my lost if possible.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
SSSSSSSSSS

It's doubtful you'd get a refund. Your best bet is to contact the credit card company and enetr a complaint about not get the service you paid for. Maybe if Visa has as much trouble getting a hold of them you can get the charges erased.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
Jagged Tooth

Quote:
It's doubtful you'd get a refund. Your best bet is to contact the credit card company and enetr a complaint about not get the service you paid for. Maybe if Visa has as much trouble getting a hold of them you can get the charges erased.
I wouldn't do that, a charge back would result in the Steam account being disabled.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
SSSSSSSSSS

Well if it was their only Steam purchase then it really wouldn't matter would it?

I was stupid enough to buy a steam game at a retail store. I'd love to be able to just wipe the charge, but I paid cash, and clear my steam account.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
fr33st00s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Tooth View Post
I wouldn't do that, a charge back would result in the Steam account being disabled.
If my account is disabled does that mean i cant play my other games? I brought Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Old 10-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #11
zezzex

10 posts in and you still haven't told us what game is causing you this problem.

If it's a valve game, a lot of people here will probably have an answer for you. if it's a non-valve game, try looking for the forums of that game here. Steam support is lacking, but from what i heard 3 days isn't long.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
ozgeek

Quote:
I was stupid enough to buy a steam game at a retail store.
No it's not silly. It's a very good security measure. If your accont gets hi-jacked, you can photograph the cd-key to steam people, and they can give you your account back.

The first game on my account - Half Life 2, was purchased via retail (harvey norman) 5 years ago. I never used the discs and relied much on the download feature.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
fr33st00s

Quote:
Originally Posted by zezzex View Post
10 posts in and you still haven't told us what game is causing you this problem.

If it's a valve game, a lot of people here will probably have an answer for you. if it's a non-valve game, try looking for the forums of that game here. Steam support is lacking, but from what i heard 3 days isn't long.
It's COD WaW, I did post in COD waw but no one posts there. ever..

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
hawkpilot

Check this page, it might be do some good: http://forums.filefront.com/cod2-pro...ace-error.html
Old 10-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
Ryuubei

3 days for steam support is nothing, average is 5-10 days but usually 7-14.

Also getting a charge back on your game from your CC is a bad idea, you'll lose access to all of your games until you resolve it (in other words pay them).

COD should have it's own game support, so go to them, thats what they're there for.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips