Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gothic series

Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
sirsmithy

ArcaniA - Gothic 4 Hotfix.EXE

for any1 that needs it

deleted - ??????????

Edit by ThomJWD: Whatever it is, no matter if the fix or some illegal stuff, it does not matter as the Steam version is already updated with the fix. Thanks

JoWooD announced in the World of Gothic forum that the release patch for Arcania
The hotfix is available through the auto-updater. It only a performance update. Bugs will be fixed in another patch in a week or two.

Last edited by sirsmithy: 10-13-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:40 AM   #2
brotrrwinner

Banned
What exactly does this fix?
brotrrwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
Lithos

I can't believe it; forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thing "hotfix" is the slang for a cracked exe... IF so (I said if), sorry, but clueless. Just clueless.
Lithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:54 AM   #4
Xcessive6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithos View Post
I can't believe it; forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thing "hotfix" is the slang for a cracked exe... IF so (I said if), sorry, but clueless. Just clueless.
No, it's not. Definition of hotfix.
Xcessive6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
Lithos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcessive6 View Post
No, it's not. Definition of hotfix.
Well, thank God.

I apologize then, my bad.

EDIT: By the way, if it is a patch, wouldn't it be automatically downloaded by Steam?

Last edited by Lithos: 10-13-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Lithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 AM   #6
sirsmithy

its a manuel patch 4 those that cant update it properly
sirsmithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:14 AM   #7
sirsmithy

Quote:
Edit by ThomJWD: Whatever it is, no matter if the fix or some illegal stuff, it does not matter as the Steam version is already updated with the fix. Thanks
************************************yea fine but whats the problem with others getting it that dont use steam or is that a problem?******************************
ps its not ellegal

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story...ce-Hotfix.html
Arcania Gothic 4 Gets Performance Hotfix
Posted by Christophor Rick (TheSuperGuido),

1 hour ago

There have been performance problems on certain machines for Arcania - Gothic 4

JoWooD Entertainment, BVT Group and Spellbound today release a hotfix for ArcaniA – Gothic 4, which distinctly increases performance on specific systems. This hotfix (about 15MB) is available via the Auto-Updater or can be installed manually.

It makes one wonder whether or not SecuROM has anything to do with it or if they put out code that wasn’t quite finished.

Reports indicate that the game had problems with everything from not even starting properly to the demo causing overheating on GPUs, the game and cinematics running too fast or too slow and some stability issues where the game itself is crashing.

The patch should fix many of these issues and some other known bugs that they’ve been working to squash.

Lowest Working Spec

Last edited by sirsmithy: 10-13-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #8
Bleako

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsmithy View Post
************************************yea fine but whats the problem with others getting it that dont use steam or is that a problem?******************************
ps its not ellegal
Didn't he say the hotfix is downloaded automatically in the auto-updater? Also, why would people that don't use Steam search on the Steam forums for game fixes?

Last edited by Bleako: 10-13-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Bleako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
sirsmithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
Didn't he say the hotfix is downloaded automatically in the auto-updater? Also, why would people that don't use Steam search on the Steam forums for game fixes?
OK Bleako-
have you heard of the thing called internet ? now when you use google (u no goo. right?)and do a search on say bug fix for gothic 4, many sites will come up including the steam forums. So im just trying to help others that may have got it from a shop and dont have a glue what to do about it
.... Now because someone from STEAM has helped them, maybe now they stick Steam in there favorites and help Steam by buying there games. Its a thing called customer service.
I guess i was in retail for TO long - or im just a nice guy ... i report YOU DECIDE

Last edited by sirsmithy: 10-14-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
Kyanzes

Quote:
its a manuel patch 4 those that cant update it properly
You mean it's solely for the Spanish version?
Kyanzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:22 AM   #11
sirsmithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyanzes View Post
You mean it's solely for the Spanish version?
lol just got that, mainly cause people normally say polish or irish i quess it depends on where you from
Old 10-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #12
sirsmithy

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,79...dventure/Test/

Patch for Arcania - Gothic 4 in review: Up to three times higher fps, less stuttering
Since yesterday evening is the release patch for Arcania - ready Gothic 4. In the PC Games Hardware test checks whether the software patch improves performance. And yes, he does it - and enormous. Shakes her Gothic 4? After the patch is no longer likely. (Mark Sauter, 10/13/2010)
Arcania - Gothic 4 [Source: see gallery] Arcania officially released - Gothic 4 yesterday, on 12 October. Publisher JoWooD decided, however, the game already at 09 October unlock, so fans can at the weekend to visit the world of Arcania - however, a patch release announced. This, however, seemed only yesterday evening (Arcania-Patch als lokaler PCGH-Download). Up to that time, many buyers complain of a very poor performance, Jowood promised help.
Arcania - Gothic 4 [Source: see gallery] Arcania - Gothic 4 [Source: see gallery] Arcania - Gothic 4: Performance before the patch
Without a patch, that is version 1.00, is characterized by a Arcania fps performance, depending on the area between barely acceptable (around 30 fps!) And catastrophic (under 15 fps). And on our Win7 system with a Geforce GTX 480 and a Phenom II X6 1090T in 1024 x 768 pixels! Far more unpleasant than the low frame rates, the constant stuttering, the game is stuttering while streaming data - which is inevitable when walking through the landscape - terrible to himself. According to the version lacking Jowood 1:00 above all, the dual-core and various multi-core optimizations, at least in the demo were former active. The absolute power on the island start Feshyr is clearly higher than on the large main island Argaan or in cities.
Arcania - Gothic 4: Benchmark-scenes and performance after the patch
The release patch now adds the missing optimizations. To test the effects, we use two 90-second benchmark scenes: one leads us to Feshyr of the shaft at the start hut through the small village past the bridge guard Knut addition to the fields. The second starts near Tooshoo mage tree, out into the swamp and into a hill.
The extra output is enormous: With only two cores, the power increases to Feshyr more than 50 percent, to Argaan two and a half times (+145%!). Four or six cores will benefit as much as 60 percent (Feshyr) up to 170 percent (Argaan)! The unmapped Min fps rise reproducibly much as threefold. The extremely annoying stutter disappears, only on a dual core is an occasional stuttering reported. What can we, in contrast to our preview version to verify only a very limited extent, a (drastic) fps increase from four to six cores - we are therefore involved with Jowood name.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #13
stillwater78

Quote:
lol just got that, mainly cause people normally say polish or irish i quess it depends on where you from
Or whether or not you're stupid enough to think racism is funny.
stillwater78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gothic series