Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series

Old 10-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Purple44

Will there be a new Flatout for the PC? We need your help.

That right, we have a chance of a new Flatout getting release on the PC. A friend of mine sent me a link to a new Flatout for the Wii that being work on by Team6:

'FlatOut' (Wii) - New Screens

New 'FlatOut' (ALL) Installment In Development

After checking out these links, thought I should find out if there will be a PC version. I found out Team6 will need to get a green light form Zoo Games before they could get going on a new PC version of Flatout.

So this where we need the help of the Flatout\GRID derby racing communitys, please take the time to send an email to Zoo Games, asking Zoo Games to please give Team6 the green light to make a PC version of the new Flatout for the Wii. Here a link to contact page:

Zoo Games

Here link to a Moddb news post I did:

Will there be a new Flatout for the PC? We need your help. news - Mod DB

Purple44 from Flatout Joint. Long time Flatout manic.

Last edited by Purple44: 10-14-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
Firmar

Classic FlatOut died after Empire Interactive closing. Bugbear is out of work for now too.
New one have no any connections with classic series. It's just the same name because of some tricky resales of intellectual properties.
As leader of one "Flatout derby racing community" I said no, thanks. Leave it for hardcore Wii owners.
Your work in FOJ is more valuable than attempts to port this trash on the PC.
UPD. Blur is a new way for FlatOut fans. I know you taste it already.
Firmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
SunriseDriver

Banned
Team6 Game Studios? No thanks. Their newest games look like racing game from 1998.
SunriseDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
Dave3d

Well, I emailed them.
I dont own a console, and never will.
Long live pc gaming.

And, thanks for the heads up purple44.
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
Purple44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmar View Post
Classic FlatOut died after Empire Interactive closing. Bugbear is out of work for now too.
New one have no any connections with classic series. It's just the same name because of some tricky resales of intellectual properties.
As leader of one "Flatout derby racing community" I said no, thanks. Leave it for hardcore Wii owners.
Your work in FOJ is more valuable than attempts to port this trash on the PC.
UPD. Blur is a new way for FlatOut fans. I know you taste it already.
Ya I thought Blur could be the new "Flatout 3" and it great racing with 20 players online.

But Blur about dead online with the PC version because Bizarre made PC version a console port, instead of including PC features. Like support for a wheel ( I have to use third party program to map things to my MOMO, but there lag in the steering GRRR ), no text chat window, no kick option to kick the many cheaters that are now online.

Another good arcade racing game if only Bizarre would done the online part the right way for the PC, but now join FUEL ( one host race then drop back to free roam ) as PC games that screwed up the online part.

There was only 35 players online a few Saturdays ago when I last check to see if anybody was still racing Blur online. And they where only doing the 2-10 player mode. It real hard to get 4 players in the lobby when doing the 4-20 player mode so you can start the race, these days.

http://flatoutjoint.com/index.php?op...=2206.msg18429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple44
I just did a little survey to see which game has more players online, Blur ( little over 4 months old ), GRID ( 2 1/4 years old ) and Flatout 2 ( 4 years old ). I did this survey at about peak online time, Saturday 12:30pm pacific time. A good time to catch EURO and US players online.

Blur 35 players
GRID 154 players ( that rank, non-rank and private and added 5 full 12 players hosts to the count )
Flatout 2 stock: 63 hosts - 189 players
Flatout 2 carpack3: 30 hosts 102 players

Between stock Flatout 2 and our modded Flatout 2 with carpack 3, that's 291 players online. More than Blur and GRID put together. That pretty good for a 4 year old game.

But us modders are tried of modding Flatout 2, we need something new to play with. We are pretty well done modding Flatout 2. I have been in touch with a Team6 dev and sound like Team6 is willing to work with the Flatout modding community if they get the green light to make a PC version of Flatout.

I ordered Farcry 2 so I can use it terrain editor so I can design a GRID derby figure eight type track to my liking ( instead having to use existing terrain like I did for the two GRID derby tracks I did for Flatout 2 ) and will submit it to Team6 if they get the green light.

Last edited by Purple44: 10-22-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Purple44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
MrKickyourbutt

Team6: the groundbreaking developers behind Pizzadude, Scooter War3z, and Sunshine Beach Volleyball.
MrKickyourbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
shortcot

It is Team6 man. Nuff said.
P.S. you can play it on emulator anyway.

Last edited by shortcot: 12-26-2010 at 04:46 AM.
shortcot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
Masacru

Let's hope the new version if it will be for PC it won't be way more demanding than the last FO:UC.
Masacru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
p5ychokilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple44 View Post
That right, we have a chance of a new Flatout getting release on the PC. A friend of mine sent me a link to a new Flatout for the Wii that being work on by Team6:

'FlatOut' (Wii) - New Screens

New 'FlatOut' (ALL) Installment In Development

After checking out these links, thought I should find out if there will be a PC version. I found out Team6 will need to get a green light form Zoo Games before they could get going on a new PC version of Flatout.

So this where we need the help of the Flatout\GRID derby racing communitys, please take the time to send an email to Zoo Games, asking Zoo Games to please give Team6 the green light to make a PC version of the new Flatout for the Wii. Here a link to contact page:

Zoo Games

Here link to a Moddb news post I did:

Will there be a new Flatout for the PC? We need your help. news - Mod DB

Purple44 from Flatout Joint. Long time Flatout manic.
Yeah just what we need, another console port......SHOVE IT!
p5ychokilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
Purple44

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5ychokilla View Post
Yeah just what we need, another console port......SHOVE IT!
I've been told by Team6, if they do a PC version of Flatout, it won't be a console port!

Here an update:

Team6 has a new Flatout Wii page and they left this massage on the Questbook page:

http://www.team6-games.com/flatoutwii/index.php?pid=18

Administrator @ 23-12-2010 16:33:02
Post your requests for the new FlatOut here! (or any questions related to the existing FlatOut Wii)

If you want a new Flatout for the PC, I suggest you post here. I know Team6 and Zoo Games are listening.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #11
p5ychokilla

Well, I just looked at the site for the new Flatout Wii version at the videos and I have to say....

....It looks absolutely awful!!!!!

Check the vids out here Peeeeoooo!!!

It looks like someone made it with Garry's Mod. Something tells me a PC version would be terrible. I'll stick with UC for now, thanks.
p5ychokilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Dave3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5ychokilla View Post
Well, I just looked at the site for the new Flatout Wii version at the videos and I have to say....

....It looks absolutely awful!!!!!

Check the vids out here Peeeeoooo!!!

It looks like someone made it with Garry's Mod. Something tells me a PC version would be terrible. I'll stick with UC for now, thanks.
I dont know how you can compare a WII video to something they will remake for the exponentially more powerful pc platform.
I still say yes to a new flatout game for pc.

BTW:
I loved the chainsaw part in that vid.
lol
Dave3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #13
Cunin

Well, considering that it's a Wii (so comparable to VERY old pc hardware, I'd say 2001 or so), it doesn't even look that bad.

Of course, as Dave3d said, on the PC you have much more power and freedom to work on a game.

That said, I still think that a good game started by a developer team should never be assigned to another team, unless the source-code is shared too, so that the new team has a good base to work on.
Recreating the same gameplay would be almost impossible otherwise :/
Cunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
Aliengamers

i hope there is
Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
Purple44

A new Flatout for the PC is being work on by Team6.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Flat Out series