Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #1
Drasta

Thumbs down Cities XL 2011 fraud

***********WARNING TROLL THREAD********

What the is this? I bought a patch for the buggiest game ever aka cities XL 2009 for $20? I just can't belive that I have paid for this! Building of roads is laggy, there are practically no new features or buildings just nothing. Only subway which works exactly like busses, blueprints which were already promised for cities XL 2009, some worthless middle-age buildings and there are about 5 new maps? There are no trains even if they were in all videos and screenshots.

This game is just a FRAUD nothing more. I will do anything to get my money back because screenshots and videos are just lying.

I really looked forward to this game but now I can just say one thing DONT BUY THIS GAME.

I am deeply dissapointed!!!

Last edited by Drasta: 10-15-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
rich0984

Thanks for the heads up! Always good to check the steam forums before you buy a game.
rich0984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0984 View Post
Thanks for the heads up! Always good to check the steam forums before you buy a game.
Derp, derp.
stinkfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
rich0984

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfinger View Post
Derp, derp.
Your response does not make sense, and yes, unfortunately I do know what you are referring to.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:59 AM   #5
stinkfinger

The OP cut and pasted his "complaint" post on a couple of different forums.

He made a couple of very general and inaccurate statements in said post.

The next post in response to his was a sweeping agreement based his blanket statement.

A statement made by a user with one post count.

Derp.

There may not be a perfect game as of yesterday's release, but the problems associated with it are not so general and rigid.

Last edited by stinkfinger: 10-15-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
rich0984

Quote:
The OP cut and pasted his "complaint" post on a couple of different forums.

He made a couple of very general and inaccurate statements in said post.

The next post in response to his was a sweeping agreement based his blanket statement.

Derp.

There may not be a perfect game as of yesterday's release, but the problems associated with it are not so general and rigid.
Incorrect, I own and have used the original game with little enjoyment. My post was based on this experience plus all the threads I have read from this forum and the official forum, screenshots and videos from various sources. Thus leading me to a conclusion, and making a post in this thread. No sweeping comments from me.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich0984 View Post
^^ This my friend is a "sweeping comment".

Yes indeed, absent from that one sentence post was...details.

No mention of:

1. You owning the game w/ little enjoyment.
2. The fact that your post was based on experience in addition to the threads read on this forum and the official one, including screen-shots and videos from various sources.
3. The compilation of all you fact finding in concert with the OP's comments has led you to the conclusion you state you arrived at.

Had you said all that, as opposed to:
Quote:
Then you would be right...

DERP DERP!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
sooNAHmee

What rich0984 posted was neither a "sweeping comment" nor a "sweeping agreement based [the OP's] blanket statement". It was a show a appreciation for the OP letting everyone know how buggy this game is in its current state.

Most people that have played the game have about the same opinion as the OP. It's good that we have posts like this one so more people are not duped into laying down another $20 to unsuccessfully patch a flawed game.

"Fraud" may be a little over-the-top term to use here, but the central point is clear: The game is a mess, and charging $20 to upgrade to it is a joke.
sooNAHmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #9
Drasta

I posted this to official forums and here. So yeah couple... I was inaccurate with the number of new maps. There are 47 maps which means that there are at least 22 new maps. I wasn't right about subways which works differently than busses and I am happy about it and I am sorry about these mistakes but still I think that this was just not worth 20 bugs for owners of previous CXL2009 version.
Drasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
stinkfinger

The thread has a attention getting subject line that is misleading.

I have personally posted on the official forums regarding the differences between the Steam and Metaboli versions.

There are bugs, as there are with all games, but the prevalent one at the moment for this forum is the fact that the Steam version is the inferior one unfortunately.

At this point is is almost considered "Steam Culture" to get these over the top melodramatic posts that are bias to the individuals perspective.

And to the poster who decided to do some mindreading and defend another poster... Derp yourself.

Last edited by stinkfinger: 10-15-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Drasta

I am sorry but there are bugs and BUGS. CXL2009 was is just a one HUGE memory leak. Bugs in UI was just everywhere.

If it was only steam version or non-steam version why should I care? In fact I do not care I just thought it is fair to admit my mistakes so it is not so missleading. Point is just a message owners of 2009 version DO NOT BUY THIS GAME it is not a new game it is not an expansion pack, it is just a patch for 20 bucks.
Drasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #12
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drasta View Post
If it was only steam version or non-steam version why should I care?
Everyone agrees it is buggy. The consensus seems to be that the Steam version is affected more.

Nobody expected a new game per se, it was understood that they were supposed to finish features that the prior developer did not address, along with the addition of a few new things.
If you want to play a less fubared version, you can buy from Metaboli.

Had I personally known I had a better chance with the Mataboli version I would of gone that route myself.

That's why? Because information is power?

Last edited by stinkfinger: 10-15-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
sfade

The 2009 version is a train wreck.

The 2011 version was bought up by another company and expanded/fixed. CitiesXL 2011 is much improved, makes building a functional city an actuality (due to improved trade system and services/income mechanics) and overall what the original version should have been and what we had all hoped for (before they went lights out and sold off the rights). As someone burned by the 2009, I went out on a limb and gave the new developer a chance, and so far have not regretted doing so as mine has been running fine.

One note for those who do not welcome it, watch out for the non-steam version as it utilizes SecuROM as well. I was angry this was not clearly noted anywhere in either version.

The original post of this thread contains a slew of misinformation.

Last edited by sfade: 10-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.
sfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
stinkfinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfade View Post
One note for those who do not welcome it, watch out for the non-steam version as it utilizes SecuROM.
So does Steam, twice! http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1511292
I own it on Steam and was prompted to activate the game on a DRM server. It was suggested on the official forums that the Steam DRM and the third party DRM may be conflicting and causing some performance issues on the Steam Version.

Last edited by stinkfinger: 10-15-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #15
sfade

Quote:
So does Steam, twice! http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1511292
I own it on Steam and was prompted to activate the game on a DRM server. It was suggested on the official forums that the Steam DRM and the third party DRM may be conflicting and causing some performance issues on the Steam Version.
That's a true shame, and bad on Steam for not making the third party DRM clearly noted in the specs.

I hadn't gotten to that thread yet, was going from top down. Statement amended and thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by sfade: 10-15-2010 at 02:49 PM.
sfade is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cities XL