Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 10-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
GravityAbuser

A good microphone

I, being not much of a PC gamer untill now, has never known how voicehcat works. So, could someone please tell me what some good mics are and whether or not I'll have to give up my good 'ol skullcandys
Old 10-16-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
Gentle

You can get a boom mic, a neck mic, a stand mic...

Some would stay on your desk surface, some can be attached to your computer case or monitor, some you wear on your neck.

Gentle
Gentle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:55 AM   #3
GoDMiN

I've been using a Logitech desktop mic for a few years, cost me like $10 and sounds better than most headset mics imo.

Heres the mic I use
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-98024.../dp/B00022TNHM

Heres what it sounds like from a video I made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAbS...e=mfu_in_order
GoDMiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #4
upperguy

It really depends on what style you prefer to use, I'd run down to your local electronics store and pickup one of each style and use them for a few days. Then just return whatever you didn't like. I'm unfortunately going through the same process with headsets, I love the out of the Logitech G930 but it's got a nasty habit of shutting itself off when I use the mic in conjunction with my speakers(it doesn't detect audio output so it turns off to conserve power)

my preference on mic has always been to just place an inexpensive headset around my neck with the mic propped in front of my mouth. But these days they have come a long way, so you will get good clarity from most mics on the market.
upperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
cplcarlman

I use a Logitech Clear-Chat Pro that some guy on Ebay sells brand new for ~$28. He still has them on there now. They are WAY more comfortable than my old Logitech headset ever was.
cplcarlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
Kaboom

Logitech USB microphone is the most clear sounding I use it with my own earphones.
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems