Join Date: Oct 2010
[VISUALS] A Big Frickin' Compilation of Annoying Bugs&Issues
Down there lays a huge wall of text(sometimes, it's even colored). It is HIGHLY not recommended for you to read if you don't want to suddenly notice something that will annoy the hell out of you ever after. Because most of us haven't seen all of this, or just didn't know that this could have been way smoother.
This thread is, in fact, created for Valve. Sometimes, the community has to point out such obvious things Captain Obvious himself is rendered speechless. And i know that when you listen to the community, you'll do what they said.
Problem is, you'll do the LEAST essential thing they have told you to do, but you will.
Everyone, including Weapons
- - When using an M60, it sometimes clips through the character's arms. AFAIK it has no walking animation as well, using the running animation instead, just slowed down.
- - A year since the game's released, and there still are no PRECIOUS WALKING ANIMATIONS FOR PISTOLS AND MAGNUM. Do it. In a DLC. Hell, i'll even PAY for it.
- - Same goes for Defibrillators.
- - If one crouches while healing, he's stuck in his standing animation, the legs changing place though.
- - Survivos don't use struggle animations when pulled by a smoker to the point of getting damage in some cases.
- - If your cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor is higher than 57, you'll see that arms are really bugged on Sniper Rife and Hunting Rifle.
- - Due to unknown reasons, the survivors' hands may sometimes get stuck in their animation of being stretched, reaching for an item.
- - Combat Rifle's bolt clips through the WAPHN during the reload animation.
- - AK47 never has it's clip removed during the animation.
- - Some of the flashlight beams are not positioned properly according to where they're located on the weapons. For example, on the Magnum, the beam comes out from the space in-between the gun and the actual flashlight.
- - Grenade launcher doesn't have a flashlight attached at all.
- - The HUD icons for the Magnum and the pistols are wrong. Deagle's in-game flashlight is completely different from the one on the icon, and the pistols' icons are just the old 1911 icons from L4D.
- -Nick has a very strange way of firing a gun when he's crouching and is aiming at something way down. I think you all have seen this at least once - he crunches so hard it's not clear how does he even hold the gun.
- - Sometimes, when Nick is standing straight and is shooting at something way up there, the bullets come out of his gun in a really, really strange way.
- - Nick takes axes in a very strange way
- - His turn-around animation when he's using a crowbar, frying pan or a machete is screwed up bad.
- - When you're using the cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor command, and it's higher than 58, you'll see the emptiness inside his shoulders. This also happens at the default of 55 if you're shoving an Infected away with a Bile Bomb/Pipe Bomb/Molotov or Pills/Adrenaline in your hands. Give him a bigger model for FP arms, i dunno?
- - Playing as Coach and using cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor higher than 61 with a melee weapon will result with you finally seeing the truth - you're located in the survivor's HEART, because his arms and shoulders can be seen up high.
- - Has strange animations for Magnum and a single pistol in third person, switching between using one hand and two every second.
- - Shotguns clip through his body slightly during reload animations and idle animations.
- - Ellis has serious issues in using any weapon. Due to the way he limps when he is below 40 health, bullets tend to go out of the gun vertically to where he aims.
- - The way he holds a Military Sniper Rifle while crouching is also broken - it's held the way it is pointing to the ground, while the bullets tend to come out of the rifle's scope.
- - Following Nick, Ayelus takes axes in a rather strange way.
- - His turn-around animations with light melee weapons are screwed up as well.
- -AK47 and M16's handles stick through her bun in third person.
Left 4 Dead 1 Survivors
- - No falling animations are used for when a survivor is incapacitated - they are instantly appearing on the ground.
- - Fingers clip through the handles of pistols and the Magnum on the viewmodel
- - Never shows hands on M60.
- - Fingers can be seen clipping through MAC-10s and UZIs and most of other weapons.
- - The survivors' hands tend to clip through most of the weapons(and the defibrillator) in first-person view, same goes for animations in third-person.
- - The Military Sniper rifle has no walking animations at all, similar to M60 for all the survivors.
- - Each and every survivor will have weapons go through his back in 90% of 3-person animations.
- - Using Nick's animations, he and, hell, every single survivor from L4D1, has some issues with guns clipping through his hands. In this case, when he's down to 39 HP, part of SCAR is clipping through his hands.
- - Uses Coach's wireframe. This eventually leads to shotguns clipping through his body during idle animations and getting up animations.
- - Sometimes, he has polygon stretches while reloading the Hunting Rifle, stretching out for items, in his crowbar FP view.
- - Shotguns go through his back in third person.
- - Has a strange bug that makes her use incorrect animations, making her over the ground and go civilian, standing still even when dead
- - Pistols and Magnums never show up in holsters.
- -Most of the animations is severely desinced
- - Smokers don't use their pulling animations in the first seconds of the pull in Campaign Mode.
- - Gibbing is slightly broken, you may find flying pieces of common infected's ribs flying in mid-air, and sometimes they'll continue the fight for your death even when decapitated.
- - Sometimes, the boomer just won't blow up.
Left 4 Dead 1 Survivors
- - The dual pistols' sounds are reversed - when you fire the first pistol, it plays the sound that should play when you fire the second pistol, and vice versa.
- - German weapons play sounds of original weapons when loaded with incendinary or explosive ammo.
- - None of them uses lines for a Hunter ripping them up. An obvious bug.
- - No lines for being attacked by a new SI. Though Captain Obvious tells us that Charger may use tankpound, which fits perfectly(Francis only briefly says that it's a Tank, but... who cares?), Spitter's goo can use emphaticgo with warncareful and Jockey would have a perfect use of screamwhilepounced
- - No lines for new items either. You did what you could(with cools and sweets), but Bile Bomb may use reactiondisgusted and Chainsaw may trigger taunts or, in Bill's case, his famous bare hands line. M60(and i tell you, there are some in No Mercy) may trigger a hurrah.
- - Elevator conversations in NM are missing.
- - "Pills here", "Pipe bomb here" et cetera don't even work.
Left 4 Dead 2 Survivors
- - None of them makes a use of takepistol for double pistols. We want it back. Bad. They have those lines. If you want me to quote them, i will.
- - None of them uses chargerrunningwithplayer. This is VERY odd - seriously, sometimes you need those lines like air.
- - None of them uses suggesthealth and its' character-specific variations. It's really odd, because the old crew uses it in NM and TS.
- - None of them uses friendlyfiretank. Those have never been heard, and i want them in - they would bring something new.
- - Nick's Argh! is bugged - he has a muted line that only appears in the subtitles, "Damn..." It even appears in the console as an error. *screenshot - http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Scorp..._nick_line.jpg
The wiredest thing is that you can hear this if you're talking into a 2TP or 2DC's microphone...
- - Survivors never comment on other trying to sorry, though originally they could not accept their excuses.
- - An overwhelming majority of "i hear XXX" lines is not used. By that i mean ]all lines about Smoker, Boomer, Charger and Spitter. Strangely, Jockey, Hunter and Witch are commented - hey, that's some progress!
- - HealInCombat (keep shooting while i heal you!) is bugged - it's just never used though it IS supposed to be used.
- - Nick, Coach and Ellis are on a same frickin' voice channel, so if Nick dies, both Savahnnites are muted until he is revived. No ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ comments, there ARE lines for his death, and i SWEAR i heard them in the game.
- - In Dead Center, Nick or Rochelle never get to say a single word about the helicopter going to the mall - Ellis and Coach are always on the buiseness. They have lines. Let them speak.
- - But when it comes to Coach and Ellis, it appears that they have more than one line about it... And they never use them.
- - worldc1m1 from 60 to 75 are never used.
- - Lots of conversations in the elevator are never played.
- - The saferoom is never commented in an unusual way. It was supposed to be commented like "this room looks safe, we better keep the door shut" - and there are lines for this
- - Each character only uses, like, a half of his lines for when he enters the gun store
- - Interesting fact - conversation about Jimmy Gibbs Jr. was intended to take place in The Mall
- - Nobody but Coach yells about hauling ♥♥♥ and getting gas. But they all have lines for this.
- - Dark Carnival's beginning has GARGANTUAN lots of unused lines... Same goes for other campaigns.
- - Rochelle never comments the Midnight Riders, and Coach only uses his line about the best light show in the buiseness, though he has others.
- - The billboard is never commented.
- - Only Nick has a line regarding Lil. Peanut. In fact, Coach has a line that states that his eyes follow you.
- - Coach has several unused lines about food, them including a promise of a steak dinner for everyone 'soon the world's back to normal.
- - Lots of unused conversations in The Coaster's saferoom.
- - Nick, Ellis and Ro all have lines for getting to the stadium - but only Coach's are used.
- - Nobody but Ellis comments the coaster.
- - None of the lines regarding the switch that turns on the fireworks are used, though there are some.
- - The Ferris Wheel is never commented, though it may be.
- - Interesting Fact: Originally, Coach had no connection to Whispering Oaks.
- - More Interesting Facts: originally, 2DC4's event was some monorail stugg
- - Swamp Fever has some unused lines for the beginning
- - In Shanty Town, Coach never uses his saferoom lines.
- - Some of the lines for the ferry trip are never used. For instance, Coach's idea of stopping it and living the rest of their lives between the shores.
- - Interesting Fact: Originally, Virgil asked the survivors how much of them are there, and they had different lines if somebody died.
- - What did you expect? Hard Rain has unused lines for the intro as well.
- - Chanses that somebody will comment the Burger Tank in the first level are extra-uber-super-low. But there ARE chanses.
- - The saferoom is never commented as anything but just a saferoom - there are lines telling us that they know that it's leading to the sugar mill.
- - Some of the lines for the rain are not used - for instance, Survivors may suggest seeking cover.
- - The Parish isn't very woman-friendly - Rochelle has lines for the intro(including the famous ♥♥♥♥ line), but they are not used. Nick also never gets to say goodbye to Virgil, yet he's the only one who argues with Coach about the jets.
- - Several - that's a record so far - lines are not used in the finale.
- - But there were unique lines for getting someone up.
- - The Passing has surprising crabtones(that's one swear) of unused lines for... Hell, everything.
- - As of, like, July, the Survivors never ever say any chapter-specific lines in The Riverbank. They used to. Bring them back. Yeah, 'tleast the intro still works.
- - While playing as Survivors, the Jockey doesn't make any sounds while riding a Survivor. This can only be seen when you're not the Survivor being ridden, however, if you are being ridden, you will hear his frantic laughter like normal...
Game Art & Everything that doesn't fit
- -On Dead Center, Ellis' arm looks like it's cut off.
- -On The Passing, Coach's whole body is seriously screwed up.
- -On Dark Carnival, Ellis is missing BullShifters' picture on his shirt.
- -On The Parish, Ellis' cap is still colored green.
- -Why the hell is No Mercy using a now-ugly version of the poster while the game lobby shows that you have an updated version?
- -Zoey keeps having a third arm on No Mercy.
- - Pictures for L4D2 survivors when they're incapped are all wrong - they still use their old concepts, Coach wearing a GRAY shirt(nobody ever saw it), Ellis still in a plain white shirt and a green cap, and Rochelle without Depeche Mode and with a ponytail. Nick never changed, so he's okay.
- -L4D1 Survivor icons are not cut in properly, they don't have borders and on the right there's an awful-looking black line.
- - Too many grammar mistakes and misprints to count them
- - Nick's new lines in The Passing are colored Francis' gray color.
- - Lines reused from Crash Course are also all in Francis' gray color.
- - Because they were all in his color back in the days of CC.
- - Why.
Infected Pictures in Versus
- - Hunter still uses his old model in his picture.
- - Tank uses his old model, too.
- - Boomer's got the same ♥♥♥♥.
Saferoom Stats Pictures
- - On General Defence, L4D1 Commons are shown.
Common Freaking Sence
- - Why the hell are there no achievements for No Mercy?
- - Why the hell are there katanas in No Mercy?
- - Why the hell are there no golf clubs for other campaigns? I swear, Micros can suck it, just replace them with additional katanas in XBOX version. I WANT GOLF CLUBS.
- - Why the hell isn't The Passing in Still Something To Prove? Same for The Sacrifice and No Mercy
- - Why the hell isn't Crass Menagerie updated with Riot Cops that returned to the game for Aussies and Germans and Fallen Survivors?
Gunshots and Weapon Sounds
- - While axe is the only weapon that uses melee grunts, they're always Coach's. Even if Rochelle or Zoey are swinging their axes, they emit Coach's grunts from their throats. That's spooky.
- - AC units et cetera tend to fade out way sooner then they're supposed to. For instance, we can see them disappearing in the outro of No Mercy.
- - Strangely, The Survivors can be seen standing by the minigun in the outro of No Mercy. No reason for them to be there - they're technically transported to a saferoom.
- - You can't see any melee weapons on L4D1 survivors' backs even if they have them.
If you made it this far - i'm just gonna tell ya that you're a hero now.
Look for an unfinished continuation on page 23, post 333
Last edited by The Tinker: 01-10-2011 at 05:28 AM.