Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
roballen55

Transcontinental Link

Has anyone finnished this yet,i get a red light 1 mile from the end,i have tabed it,waited 10 mins,run very slow thu the light,all to no avail,still get Exit on SPAD.I was not late,did not brake too hard,but still won't let me thru. This career in on San Bernadino.Its only a short run,any help?.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
NelsonTG

I've got exactly the same issue - I've replayed the scenario a few times, and I always end up in front of the light, which never changes colour (and looking at the 2D map reveals there are some trains, motionless, further down the line in the next station). The online leaderboards show that some people have completed this level at least, so are we missing something that needs to be done?
NelsonTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
lighthousepoet

Yep same here, thing I cannot understand is if that is the American way of signals then they can keep the routes, the signals are miles apart and if you slow down in preparation for a red you could never get to the destination on time. I noted that the red was almost impossible to see and stop at if you were doing more than 30 mph. Tough scenario alright and there is no way of knowing what train is holding you up without going into the editor and of course you can't in career scenarios. So these US career scenarios I'll give a miss, for the time being.
lighthousepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
roballen55

TY Lighthouse,i thought i was missing something.I was trying to find some pics i took of the "Coast Starlight" in US,maybe on my wife's camera,if she has not deleted them lol,if i find them,will send them to you.Going to US next March,will try to get some pics then.
roballen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
grimpy0

Same here. Can't finish because "Exit on SPAD". Interesting also that F3 tells that next signal is green.
grimpy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Ragnokak

I've done it and didn't have issues. I'll try it again to see if I can complete it again or see whats up with the red light you guys are getting.

Update:
Ok, I just finished it again and I think I know the train your talking about. At the very very end when you get to Monument there is a train one track to drivers right that is waiting for me to pass so he can go. It is a VERY close when I move past it, but I did move past it. I also did not get a red light.

What time are you arriving at the light? Are you ahead of schedule, behind, or on time? I was running a minute early.

Your in the oncoming line once you leave Larkspur due to the side of the track the passanger terminal is on, so you may have to be ahead of schedule leaving Larkspur or wait until the train clears from the line in Larkspur itself.

In your scenario's, is the other train moving at all?

If its not a bug, then maybe getting ahead of time will put you in priority of the light and thusly make him wait for you instead of you waiting for him. If you are behind on time and he gets priotiy you may have to wait for him to load. Although, as soon as I passed the switch he started to move...

However, you guys may have a bug where the train is just a hair to far forward and tripping the signal to red for you. It baffles me as to why it would postion something different for you guys then others but if its something I've learn with this game is that "being baffled as to why it happens" isn't uncommon.

Now with all the obvious verifing and such pressumed done, is it possible to remove that content and then re-add it? Maybe that will fix it /shrug.

PS: The light indicator in the old F3 Drivers Guide does not work.

PSS: It's Castle Rock to Monument, not San Bern for those looking to try it also.

Last edited by Ragnokak: 10-26-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Ragnokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #7
Madrilleno

I don't think that my version of the scenario can be finished in career mode.

I can't leave Larkspur ahead of schedule without the scenario exiting. I have arrived at the signal a minute ahead of schedule, but the last signal is still red. In fact, the warning signqal further up the hill shows that it is already red. I have even tried ignoring the speed limits, but it's still red.

I wonder if this scenarion was released on the original Railworks, but doesn't work in Railworks2?

Madrilleno
Old 11-17-2010, 03:05 AM   #8
topcatdk

Do notice that save/reload sometimes makes signals and/or set paths fail, that might be the cause of the issue here.
topcatdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 AM   #9
arizonachris

Castle Rock to Monument? I'll see if I have time today to give it a run thru.
arizonachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
braden1986

I am also stuck on this one guys, I have arrived at the last signal 2 minutes fast and still I got a red on it, no matter what I do, I always arrive at Larkspur ontime, or a few second late, and make it up on the downhill, but after 4 attempts, I am calling this one impossible.

Unless someone can figure out why it works for some, and not for others.
braden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
Ragnokak

Quote:
Originally Posted by braden1986 View Post
I am also stuck on this one guys, I have arrived at the last signal 2 minutes fast and still I got a red on it, no matter what I do, I always arrive at Larkspur ontime, or a few second late, and make it up on the downhill, but after 4 attempts, I am calling this one impossible.
It does work so it is not impossible, I promise.

Quote:
Unless someone can figure out why it works for some, and not for others.
Welcome to Railworks, your gonna have this feeling from time to time.
Ragnokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
braden1986

Okay, I noticed more people have done it, any of them able to help us with how to finish this scenario, as I just tried it again, and on the last set of lights got a SPAD as I keep doing when doing this.

Help?
braden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
kyb3r

I've got the same problem. Has someone escalated this to the Railworks devs?
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
bigape1960

Add another to the growing list I've got there early (2 mins), late (5 mins) and on time. I've also sat at the light for 15 mins with no change from red. I'm just about ready to give up on this one
bigape1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #15
kyb3r

Looks like todays patch fixed this problem.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks