Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 10-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #1
avp2501

Post RW2 Scenario: Battered & Bruised

I'm new to trainsims and this is the first scenario I'm trying, typically I've gotten stuck and would like some help.

Train: 7F
Route: Bath - Templecombe

I've coupled with the broken down train at "Midford 1" and I am unable to move. If I detach all but 2 coaches then I can reverse backwards.

So What is it that I need to do to carry on with the scenario?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
gramarye

I'm new to train sims too, but I have done that scenario a couple of times. I'm not sure I understand your problem. You are supposed to couple to the rear of the broken-down train and 'push' it on its way to the next (I think) three stations, as I recall. When you say that you are unable to move without uncoupling coaches, I'm confused. As you are pushing the train from the rear, how does uncoupling coaches help? Would you not simply couple to them as soon as you 'pushed'? I haven't had the problem you describe, and have found it easy to push the train onwards. Mind you, I only use simple controls. Could you describe your problem in a little more detail, please?
gramarye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #3
avp2501

I've got it moving now

I think I had the brakes on or at least mostly on and so I was unable to push or pull. That and a little bit of patience was needed I guess.

I'm just using the simple controls aswell, or at least until I get the hang of not derailing the train. I'm kinda surprised there isn't a "getting started" video to show you how to use the simple controls within the game.
avp2501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks