Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 10-25-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
gramarye

76t Crane

Has anyone bought this from IHH? I love the look of it, but wonder how hard it would be for a very new player like me to use. Is there a scenario with the crane and the derailed HEA hopper all ready set and ready to re-rail? Thanks for any response.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #2
Clemmo47

Yes I've got it. It only works in expert mode but there are full instructions and a scenario. I think there are some extra scenarios on UKTS and I saw a repaint for it somewhere.
I'd get more useful add- ons before that one though with more scenarios.
I always played intermediate mode which has disappeared now,real bummer that. However you can drive the crane loco in simple mode,then save at the crash site and change to expert mode to operate the crane.

Last edited by Clemmo47: 10-25-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Clemmo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
gramarye

Thanks for the reply and the info. I just watched the video of this on youtube and it looks pretty good. For some reason I prefer using stuff rather than simply driving it - so shunting and putting a train together, rather than delivering the finished thing. I'm thinking that with only one scenario, though, just doing the re-rail on the one wagon might get tedious quite quickly. Are there any other cranes for sale with scenarios that use them?
gramarye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Sly401

Hiya

There are no included scenarios with the crane, the reason being is that the rerailing sequence is a loading point.

Loading points can only be placed in a route using the route editor thus changing it for all scenarios. (the derailed wagon would be in all scenarios )

The only option available at present is for you to clone routes using Mikes tools and create your own scenarios.

What we need is for RW to be able to create scenario specific loading points ...entirely possible.

regards

Paul IHH

Sly401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:16 AM   #5
gramarye

Sly, thanks for that. I'm a new player so not sure my skills would be up to the job of adding the crane. Although, I do have RW_tools and am able to clone scenarios and change the driven loco in a scenario, thanks to help from lonewolfdon. One thing that has occurred to me: I derail all the time and that is the end of my game of course. I would love it if, having downloaded a crane, I was given the opportunity of being transported to wherever the crane was parked and bringing it up to the derailment. It would add immensely to my game to be able to re-rail my derailed train using the crane. Would probably derail on purpose, just to get the chance of using it! Thanks again for help.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Ragnokak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramarye View Post
Sly, thanks for that. I'm a new player so not sure my skills would be up to the job of adding the crane. Although, I do have RW_tools and am able to clone scenarios and change the driven loco in a scenario, thanks to help from lonewolfdon. One thing that has occurred to me: I derail all the time and that is the end of my game of course. I would love it if, having downloaded a crane, I was given the opportunity of being transported to wherever the crane was parked and bringing it up to the derailment. It would add immensely to my game to be able to re-rail my derailed train using the crane. Would probably derail on purpose, just to get the chance of using it! Thanks again for help.
Oh Em Ge
I would totally derail trains on purpose to do this. Great idea.
Ragnokak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
gramarye

Hehe, thanks, Ragnokak, wondered if anyone agreed. I guess the crane would have to be dlc from RailWorks - can't see them doing this for other people's dlc, although I may be wrong. And I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement. I'm not able to produce new content for RW so I guess only someone such as lonewolfdon would know. But as the locomotives and rolling stock appear to be fully rendered 3d objects, which interact realistically with the scenery - one of the things I love about the sim is how realistic the crashes are and the way stuff rolls down embankments and so on - perhaps it is possible. I guess the crane could be placed by whoever designed the scenario and would only show for people who had actually downloaded it. Or something like that. Anyway, a feature I'd love to see implemented. I'd download the crane like a shot!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks