Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other

Old 05-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #391
supernoob25

I need help with the smd tools, i installed the smd tools just like in the tutorial, but it doesn't say Studiomdl data on the import/export list

EDIT: nvm i fixed it

Last edited by supernoob25: 05-12-2011 at 11:27 AM.
supernoob25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:47 PM   #392
Keraldo

Hello, I just started to decide to crate my own tf2 hats and weapons and I would to ask, is there a way to take off default hats like for the engineer, or are they separate models?
Keraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #393
HellJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keraldo View Post
Hello, I just started to decide to crate my own tf2 hats and weapons and I would to ask, is there a way to take off default hats like for the engineer, or are they separate models?
Please check the first post for Frequently Asked Questions.
HellJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 PM   #394
xephslayer

When I try to decompile the syringe gun, mdldecompiler is telling me this message:
"Unable to load model"
I have the program where it's supposed to be sourcesdk/bin/ep1/bin.
xephslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #395
HellJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xephslayer View Post
When I try to decompile the syringe gun, mdldecompiler is telling me this message:
"Unable to load model"
I have the program where it's supposed to be sourcesdk/bin/ep1/bin.
Did you remember to HEX the model?

These steps explain how to HEX a model:
  1. Extract necessary model files from the GCF
  2. Open the .mdl file with notepad++
  3. Chance the "IDST0" to "IDST,"
  4. Save the file and close it

You should be able to decompile it now. In addition make sure the following three checkboxes are unchecked!

Old 05-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #396
xephslayer

Ah, so that's why you need Notepad++. Also, how do you get the smoothing to so that the rounds are round and the edges are not round.
xephslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #397
HellJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xephslayer View Post
Ah, so that's why you need Notepad++. Also, how do you get the smoothing to so that the rounds are round and the edges are not round.
I explain that in the video.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Do...shes/Smoothing
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #398
supernoob25

i REALLY need help, i did everything u said in the video and yet at 1st when i used the new tf2 itemtest thing it showed in the wrong position and wasn't textured and when i tried to make a blue textured version, it doesn't show my model at all i used hero's hachimaki to base it off of and now it just shows that model and no texture, i mean what did i do wrong? i named the vmt just like the tga so this shoudln't be happening PLZ HELP
Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #399
HellJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob25 View Post
i REALLY need help, i did everything u said in the video and yet at 1st when i used the new tf2 itemtest thing it showed in the wrong position and wasn't textured and when i tried to make a blue textured version, it doesn't show my model at all i used hero's hachimaki to base it off of and now it just shows that model and no texture, i mean what did i do wrong? i named the vmt just like the tga so this shoudln't be happening PLZ HELP
OK. I know you are having trouble and you really want to get it fixed, but please, please, please when you are asking for help, write legibly and with correct grammar / punctuation / capitalization.

That aside, you are going to need to do several things:
Go back and reposition the hat as explained in the video. You must first center everything in OBJECT MODE, and then you must do the bone parenting stuff, and then reposition the hat in EDIT MODE.

Once you get your hat positioning problem solved, post back here and I'll help with your other problems.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #400
supernoob25

Ok i'm really sorry about that i'm a bit tired right now, I did what you said and then I exported the hat and its still the same what should I do now?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #401
HellJumper

Quote:
Ok i'm really sorry about that i'm a bit tired right now, I did what you said and then I exported the hat and its still the same what should I do now?
Can you show me a screenshot of how the hat looks like positioned in blender and what the hat looks like position in-game?

It may be due to the fact that you rotated the bone / armature. If the problem persists, just delete everything but your hat and import a fresh character model. Make sure not to rotate the armature in anyway.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #402
supernoob25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellJumper View Post
Can you show me a screenshot of how the hat looks like positioned in blender and what the hat looks like position in-game?

It may be due to the fact that you rotated the bone / armature. If the problem persists, just delete everything but your hat and import a fresh character model. Make sure not to rotate the armature in anyway.
Ok i've got the screenshots but it won't let me post it here
I don't know why.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #403
HellJumper

Quote:
Ok i've got the screenshots but it won't let me post it here
I don't know why.
Just link to them here. Use an image hosting site like tinypic or imgur to host it.

For help on taking screenshots:
  1. Press the PrtScn key to save a copy of what is being displayed to the clipboard
  2. Open the Paint program (Start button > Programs > Accessories > Paint) and go to Edit > Paste to paste the contents of the clipboard
  3. Go to File > Save As... and save the file to your desktop (JPG format is preferred)
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #404
supernoob25

Ok I exported it fixed this time in and I started with a fresh engineer model in blender but still shows as the same and it doesn't look like I can get you a screen shot sorry

EDIT: Well I have to go to work now thank you for the help HJ, ill post again tommorow and we'll see what we can do

Last edited by supernoob25: 05-16-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #405
supernoob25

quick update: Ok I got the model positioned right but the texture's are still messed up i'll see ya tommorow Hj

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > Other