Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series

Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #1
Roland1999

$39.99 great price for PC games...

I'm not saying that $39.99 is a great price for this game specifically, but it's a good move for a PC game. Granted, PC versions of games are generally $10 cheaper anyhow, and go on sale a lot quicker than their console ports. This game is obviously meant for consoles, and we have games coming out like Call of Duty that are the same price as their XBOX versions, and will mostly likely be pirated for PC a helluva lot. I think this lower price point for PC versions should be adopted by all publishers as it will deter pirates and hopefully boost PC sales.

Console Hammer Legion Members can whine all they want, but if it costs less to get a PC game out there, the price should reflect it - and if publishers want to fight piracy, they need to get PC prices down a bit. Console prices are higher because it costs more to develop for them, and it's harder to pirate console games (which I know is still rampant, just not as bad as the PC community). Making PC versions a bit cheaper just makes more sense. Kudos Lucasarts. Now if you'd just make a game that takes longer to play through than 3 hours...
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Respiratoryguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland1999 View Post
I'm not saying that $39.99 is a great price for this game specifically, but it's a good move for a PC game. Granted, PC versions of games are generally $10 cheaper anyhow, and go on sale a lot quicker than their console ports. This game is obviously meant for consoles, and we have games coming out like Call of Duty that are the same price as their XBOX versions, and will mostly likely be pirated for PC a helluva lot. I think this lower price point for PC versions should be adopted by all publishers as it will deter pirates and hopefully boost PC sales.

Console Hammer Legion Members can whine all they want, but if it costs less to get a PC game out there, the price should reflect it - and if publishers want to fight piracy, they need to get PC prices down a bit. Console prices are higher because it costs more to develop for them, and it's harder to pirate console games (which I know is still rampant, just not as bad as the PC community). Making PC versions a bit cheaper just makes more sense. Kudos Lucasarts. Now if you'd just make a game that takes longer to play through than 3 hours...
I honestly could not agree more. I think PC gaming is climbing back up to compete with consoles, but games coming out with console like price tags are just begging for people to pirate them. I personally would love to see games for PC come out a different route. For FPS and all single/multiplayer games allow PC gamers to purchase either just the single player portion or the multiplayer portion or both. I would love to purchase Call of Duty , but not for $60 when I know I won't touch the multiplayer. Now if it was $30 for just single player it would be a first day purchase for me.
Respiratoryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
iZach

Yes it's nice that this game is cheaper than many other games, but one must also remember this game is getting many unfavorable reviews.
iZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
VIDYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZach View Post
Yes it's nice that this game is cheaper than many other games, but one must also remember this game is getting many unfavorable reviews.
That would be because the entire game is only around 5 hours, has an insane FPS drop when using lightsabers, is an obvious console port, and has absolutely no story at all.

TFU2 is not even worth $10.
VIDYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
NINJUTSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland1999 View Post

I disagree.

In my opinion no worth 39,00 USD because some reasons.

- Old DirectX 9.0 we are at 11.
- Only Single player.
- No Compatível com controlador(this is too bad)
- No Multiplayer

When in promotion or middle-week maybe i1ll buy it whne costing 9,99 USD or less.
NINJUTSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #6
i_2_i

Banned
bad reviews, too short... getting it when it's on sale...

Last edited by i_2_i: 10-27-2010 at 12:50 PM.
i_2_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
Spawny

$29.99 is even a better price for this game at Bestbuy, thats half the console price and $10.00 less than Steam or what I've seen it selling for
at other stores.
Spawny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
Justin7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIDYA View Post
That would be because the entire game is only around 5 hours, has an insane FPS drop when using lightsabers, is an obvious console port, and has absolutely no story at all.

TFU2 is not even worth $10.
Must be your computer because it runs flawlessly for me.
Justin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Respiratoryguy

Runs good but screen tearing is unbearable and there is a noticeable drop in FPS when doing combos on 4 or more troopers ( intentionally though )
Respiratoryguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
Roland1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawny View Post
$29.99 is even a better price for this game at Bestbuy, thats half the console price and $10.00 less than Steam or what I've seen it selling for
at other stores.
That is where I bought it. Maybe Best Buy knows that PC gamers are more perceptive and discerning when it comes to the games they buy. I mean, think about it - Best Buy is probably the company that has been selling PC games the longest. I remember buying The Dig and Lucasarts Adventure Packs from there. Off track...

In general though, I think $40 is a good price point for PC games if pubs want to try to stop pirating. Dead Rising 2 took the same route too. Good idea.
Roland1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Particle_Man

i agree 100%

the price was the reason i deleted the torrent i was downloading and just bought it instead
Particle_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series