Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bloody Good Time

Old 10-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
Lethal Goose

Angry Oh, I wanna have bloody good time too! But...

Hi there!

I get this error message when I try to launch Bloody Good Time after the installation:

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf, 0x0018E378) failed with error 1: Failed create pipe 6, Win32 Error 6 "The handle is invalid"

EDIT:

Now it gives me a different error:

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf, 0x0018E378) failed with error 1: faile to take master pipe connection lock

Running Windows 7 64bit here and the other games that I have on Steam are working just great. Does anyone have a slightest idea what might be causing this kind of trouble, ha?

Any help would be appreciated, ty!

(and yes, I did verify the integrity of game cache )

Last edited by Lethal Goose: 10-30-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Good Old Typos
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
ash47

I'm also running windows 7 x64, game runs smoothly for me :P

Have you tried restarting steam? Deleting the clientregistry.blob file and restarting steam?

I remember getting those errors after updates sometimes, or when i haven't launched hl2 game and i try to play gmod...
ash47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
TrinityKei

I also want to get Bloody Good Time, but thanks to steam Wallet, I can't. I had some money in there, thinking I'll use it when the time comes, and now that the time is here, it gives me an error :| really annoying, I can't even take out the money
TrinityKei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Ctrl+C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityKei View Post
I also want to get Bloody Good Time, but thanks to steam Wallet, I can't. I had some money in there, thinking I'll use it when the time comes, and now that the time is here, it gives me an error :| really annoying, I can't even take out the money
Try sending a message to Steam Support.
Ctrl+C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Lethal Goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash47 View Post
I'm also running windows 7 x64, game runs smoothly for me :P

Have you tried restarting steam? Deleting the clientregistry.blob file and restarting steam?

I remember getting those errors after updates sometimes, or when i haven't launched hl2 game and i try to play gmod...
Here is what I have done so far:

Restart Steam... check!
clientregistry.blob thing... check!
Reboot... check!
Update Windows... check!
Update graphics drivers... well, I made an effort, but those new display drivers simply refuse to install... so... a bit of abysmal failure there! And reasons are beyond me.

Yes, I did read on these forums that simply restarting your Steam or computer would somehow magically banish this type of error, but no, not for me...

Oh, ty for the reply though..

Last edited by Lethal Goose: 10-30-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Typos ;)
Lethal Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #6
T@F

I'm guessing graphics drivers seems to be the prob.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
Stoop!d Monkey

I also have win7 64bit.
Look just try 2 things:
First run steam as administrator.
Then redownload the game.
Stoop!d Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
TrinityKei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrl+C View Post
Try sending a message to Steam Support.
Thanks mate, already did that though, really hope they can solve my problem, or at least can let me withdraw the money.
TrinityKei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
kikinchaz

Restarted Steam / PC Goose? Maybe try a reinstall. Googling the error i've found a reinstall seems the most common fix or just restarting steam itself. If your reinstalling make sure you delete the BGT folder.
kikinchaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #10
Lethal Goose

OoooOoooh.... Solved!

Oh, this issue of mine has been solved by steam support. Yes, I actually played Bloody Good Time this morn. And if anyone else is or will be having similar problems then the solution might be right below

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello ********, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). Delete all of the files in this folder except: The Steamapps folder and Steam.exe (If 'exe' is not visible, look for the black and white Steam icon) Restart your computer. Then, you will need to launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut. With Steam running, re-test the original issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games. If this issue persists, please try the following: Exit Steam entirely. Open Finder and navigate to the folder containing your SteamApps folder (/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/) Rename the "SteamApps" folder to "SteamApps_old". Re-launch Steam and re-install the game. Once the installation is complete, test the issue. If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.
Lethal Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
LukeDude759

At first, APB wouldn't work for me, but it turns out all I had to do was restart and update Steam. If this doesn't work for you, try something else.
LukeDude759 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bloody Good Time