Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes

Old 10-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
SkullTheTroll

Unable to drag inventory items

I assume this is some kind of bug. I cannot drag inventory items to rearrange them, move them to the equipment window, or drag them to the bottom bar. When I'm talking with a vendor, I can do all these, but as soon as I exit the vendor screen, I can't drag inventory items again. When I try I get a notice that there is no target available like it's trying to target instead of drag inventory.

Has anyone else seen this or have ideas how to fix it. It's quite irritating.

I'm running on Windows7 64 bit, 1680x1050 resolution.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Ygolnac

for equipping items you just need to right click them, althoug i understand it's frustrating not being able to drag potions in the quickbar.
I play on win 7 64bit too and my item dragging works, but i play at an higher resolution.
The only hints i can give you is
1) try to change scren resolution adnsee if it works
2) load a previous saved game or make a new a character and see if the problem persist or it's only associated to that save.
Ygolnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
Lamento

The bottom bar has a lock function. The little dots left and right are red when it's locked, and green otherwise. Click on a dot to change that.
Not sure if that's part of your problem though...
Lamento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
SkullTheTroll

I've tried locking & unlocking the bottom bar, a different screen resolution, and a new game. Still no change. It's not a game killer, I just need to find a merchant in order to move things about. It's just a bit of a pain is all.
SkullTheTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Trelow

Same OS and resolution here. I can move things around just fine, no clue.
Trelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
moonsailor

Same problem. Funny at first I was allowed to move items around.
Once I started to upgrade my fighting techniques I could no longer move items around. Oh well.....
moonsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
SkullTheTroll

I'm still having the issues, but I have another clue. My character just got the ability to search for healing herbs. Every time I left click on an item in my inventory, he searches for herbs instead. Even when I click "Save" after resting, he searches for herbs. And now, the herbs keep going bad and I can't remove them from my inventory. GAAH, its frustrating.

edit: Even opening and closing the windows (like inventory) by clicking the blue gem causes him to search for herbs.

edit again: Another clue. Whenever I click the left mouse button, the action its doing is whatever is assigned to key '4'. That's where I had search for herbs. If I change it to sing song for arrows, then that happens just about every left mouse click when not in combat.

Last edited by SkullTheTroll: 11-01-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
datasdevil

sonds like you have a mackro set to use to use number 4 at the sams time you left click, if you have any mouse /game software that has game detection make sure it's turnd off, if you wont to see if it is doing it out of the game open a note pad up (or word) and click with the mouse and see if number 4 comes up, if the prob is in the game you can try to reinstall, it should not interfear with your saves(or just back your save folder up
Old 11-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
SkullTheTroll

Another update: I tried reinstalling with no change.
I've even stopped all processes using process explorer except steam, numen, and windows services and it still happens.
No other application show this behavior, so I am thinking its got to be something with numen, not a mouse driver or some such. I even tried a different mouse.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
SkullTheTroll

SOLVED: I figured out a fix. I went into the registry under HKCU\Software\Centauri and deleted this node. Then ran numen and it worked. It must have been something in the options maybe. Anyway, it's fixed now! Whoot!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:06 AM   #11
kovi_cz

CINEMAX
I'm wondering if you hadn't done any changes in the key mapping in the game. Maybe you assigned "Use Slot 4" command to the left mouse button by mistake. That would explain a lot.
kovi_cz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Numen: Contest of Heroes