Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 10-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
stooper

Machine Guns

Just started to notice that the weapon vending machines never carry machine guns. They'll occasionally have assault rifles, but never full-auto machine guns. Seems the only way I can find machine guns is from chests, loot piles, and kill drops.

Is this because machine guns are over-powered? They don't seem any more unbalanced than some of the SMGs I've found. But I'm playing soldier and want to specialize in combat rifles.

So are there any good places to farm machine guns (other than Craw/Armory which I haven't gotten to yet). Thx

(Btw, maybe this isn't much compared to some of the Siren builds, but Roland w/Machine Guns is pretty devastating with maxed Impact/MetalStorm/Assault/Overload and Rifleman mod with ammo regen. Enormous ammo capacity and rate of fire...)
Old 10-31-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Iconoclast XVII

Weapons in the shops are completely random. Just keep looking and you'll find them. There are a few machines that have more rare items (one is the underground one in Arid Badlands, or whatever it was called)...
Iconoclast XVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
stooper

I thought weapons were completely random too, meaning that all types had a chance of appearing. But I've been looking closely for over a week now and am definitely not seeing any machine guns at all. I'm not even looking for high quality or rare color weapons. I haven't seen a single machine gun. Of course that doesn't prove they don't exist at vending machines. But why would it be so difficult to find one, as opposed to the semi-auto assault rifles (cobras, pounders, battle rifles, etc)?

Don't see any reason why machine guns, as a weapon class, should be any more rare than SMGs, Thumpers, Repeaters, Machine Pistols, Snipers, etc.

I guess it could just be a fluke with my experience. I'll keep looking but really don't expect to find any machine guns in stores.
stooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
Redtide

They usually carry the burst fire variant of combat rifles but the full-auto's do occasionally show and suck.
Redtide is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands