Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 11-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #1
Thurbo

Can't log in anymore

Hi there,

Usually I have Steam my password saved so that I don't have to type it everytime I want to play a Steam game. Anyway, yesterday Steam wanted me to type my password when I was about to start Worms Reloaded. I thought it might be a safety issue thus entered my password and - Steam says the password doesn't match? I tried resetting it, but even though I entered the code and the secret question correctly several times I just cannot log in.

What's up? What am I supposed to do? Create a new account and rebuy all my games?! It seems my profile datas got corrupted or something, please help!

By the way, what I know is that I was administrator on several Steam groups. I searched for them and noticed there's another admin chosen randomly, I'm no longer a member of those groups... What the F**K HAPPENED?!?

Last edited by Thurbo: 11-02-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
emka-

Contact Steam Support.

https://support.steampowered.com/
emka- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #3
Jazzgene

Same here. It happened this past Sunday and trying to reset password does not work. Steam tells me an email has been sent to me with the verficaion info but I never receive the emails.

Opened a support ticket but no response from Steam.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Eligitine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzgene View Post
Same here. It happened this past Sunday and trying to reset password does not work. Steam tells me an email has been sent to me with the verficaion info but I never receive the emails.

Your email might of been changed/typed in wrong. Do you have any others you use?
Eligitine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Jazzgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eligitine View Post
Your email might of been changed/typed in wrong. Do you have any others you use?
The email has not changed... I checked my spam filter and nothing there either.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Jaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzgene View Post

I don't think they have many employees. Their support forum is just a user-help-user forum. I haven't been able to play any of my steam crippled games for 4 days now and there hasn't been any activity in the support issue I submitted.
Jaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Jazzgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaek View Post
I don't think they have many employees. Their support forum is just a user-help-user forum. I haven't been able to play any of my steam crippled games for 4 days now and there hasn't been any activity in the support issue I submitted.
Are you kidding? Who resets passwords and things of that nature? It was working fine until this past Sunday. I got a prompt to enter a password to log in and my password did not work. I tried to retrieve my info and the Steam client tells me I have been sent an email with verifcation info. Never rec'd any emails. Tried it several times.

It looks like my account has be hijacked so I opened a support ticket like it asked and no reply at all to the ticket.

This will be my last Steam-ed game I'll buy.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Kindle72908

Yes this happened to me Sunday also...I sent request to get a new passwoed and the message says an email has been sent but no email. I sent a ticket to support but no answer it hasbeen almost 2 days now,, how long does it take to get an answer.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #9
Jazzgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle72908 View Post
Yes this happened to me Sunday also...I sent request to get a new passwoed and the message says an email has been sent but no email. I sent a ticket to support but no answer it hasbeen almost 2 days now,, how long does it take to get an answer.
Well, so maybe it is not a hijacking of the account but some mess up by Steam.

I worked in tech support for a major software company. Tickets had to be responded within 8 hours. Pathetic, Steam is.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Unfortunately, many people don't seem to understand computer security and get there accounts hijacked or give them away to the thieves.

All those that have tickets before yours also need help, so you'll have to wait your turn like everyone else.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #11
Jazzgene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Vampire View Post
Unfortunately, many people don't seem to understand computer security and get there accounts hijacked or give them away to the thieves.

All those that have tickets before yours also need help, so you'll have to wait your turn like everyone else.
I understand that some may not be tech savvy but blaming them for being hijacked is like blaming the victim for .

And I can tell you, you can be as vigilant and smart as they come and still can get hijacked.

My issue is that if something like this unfortunately happens, courteous and prompt service is expected by the customer.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Thurbo

Interesting... whereas I tried resetting my password since Sunday, I today tried to log in and... this time, Steam told me my account had been disabled. Anybody else experienced this?

They freaking disabled my account! Without giving a sh*t about informing me what the bloody reason is! I only installed Steam 2 months ago to play Worms Reloaded and already I'm sure that was my last Steam game. I don't want to play my games on a platform that may (and does) decide when I can play them and when not, even though payed with my hard-earned money!
Thurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #13
Jaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post
Interesting... whereas I tried resetting my password since Sunday, I today tried to log in and... this time, Steam told me my account had been disabled. Anybody else experienced this?

They freaking disabled my account! Without giving a sh*t about informing me what the bloody reason is! I only installed Steam 2 months ago to play Worms Reloaded and already I'm sure that was my last Steam game. I don't want to play my games on a platform that may (and does) decide when I can play them and when not, even though payed with my hard-earned money!
Welcome to the group of people with steam burns.
Jaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Silicon Vampire

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurbo View Post

In your case, I would expect they have disabled the account to prevent further damage.

Have you submitted a support ticket?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips