Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
SEASTKING

Hit Box Collision

Can someone tell me what sort of A1 crash is the above?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
lighthousepoet

I had the same problem in a scenario on the Wales and Borders route. It was strange because about 5 miles before I hit the box the route builder had left this building sitting right in the middle of the track and the train passed right through it just like in the old silent movies only without demolishing either the train or the building. The solution applies in both cases you will need to go into editor, go to the section of the track where the error occurred and see what other other assets are in the same location besides the track and it's associated hardware i.e signals,aws and speed signs. If you find anything else you can either move it or delete it. If there is still a problem, look at the positioning of the track assets just to see if they might cause a problem. It will be unusual to come across the hit box error on payware routes. If this does not fix the problem let me know what route and scenario you are playing.
lighthousepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
SEASTKING

Hit Box 2

I ran a moving train into a static one on Carlisle Station. My error; but I could have done with more information anyway, it took me ages to find it. It made no difference I got the proverbial something bad happened just before Locherbie and I had'nt saved, anyhow I solved one thing all the same.
SEASTKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
arizonachris

Never ran into this with Railworks, BUT, I know what a "hit box" is in a first person shooter. It's an area around your enemy (or maybe in this case a conflicting loco or consist) like a box, as it says. And any conflict (collision of train or bullet) will crash the game with a "failed" (or a kill in a shooter)

So a hit box in this case could be a kind of envelop around rolling stock or a loco. If you cross into it, you are in trouble.
arizonachris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #5
SEASTKING

Hit Box 3

You may be interested in an update on my scenario creation to do with Hit Box.I lost it because when you play the scenario fast in Editor and you don't return it to the beginning and come out of the Editor the scenario tries to start where you left the train and I could not repair it.I'm just raising this as a warning in case it is not generally known.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
zm4r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEASTKING View Post
You may be interested in an update on my scenario creation to do with Hit Box.I lost it because when you play the scenario fast in Editor and you don't return it to the beginning and come out of the Editor the scenario tries to start where you left the train and I could not repair it.I'm just raising this as a warning in case it is not generally known.
It happened to me to (RW1), somehow I think this is a public secret.

Not tested with RW2 yet.

Grtz
Erik

Last edited by zm4r: 11-05-2010 at 02:46 AM.
zm4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
hemi2k

Hi Everyone,
Horseshoe Curve route, People Power scenario. I hit it in the same spot twice. It happens on the steep downgrade after the Cresson Station stop. I am a newbie to Railworks and TS2012 so I haven't got a clue how to fix it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks again in advance,
Carl
hemi2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
SEASTKING

I don't have this route myself,however Hit Box means AI trains running into each other out of your sight and ending the scenario. It usually happens in a hurriedly made scenario like the one I made but quickly corrected in WCMLN.As I stated then Hit Boxes DO NOT happen in the editor just in play.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
hhdawrs

I keep getting this in [BNSF1] Cement Snoot at various places throughout. My best try ended while stopped (not Paused) at 32.06 miles in the Barstow yard. It appears this AI problem is fairly common, and it makes me wonder how it gets by beta tests?

Certainly not conducive to hurrying to buy new releases.
hhdawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
jonpetter55

I get this Hit Box Collision when two trains meet on an ordinairy double track. I'ts quite annoying, because I don't know how I can make the double tracks further apart.
jonpetter55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks