Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grotesque Tactics series

Old 11-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
r0cksteady

Save Games \ Loading Glitch

HI All,

I am unable to load saved games including the autosave. After playing for an hour I needed to go back to an old save and found that it took me back to the very start. Even after loading the autosave from 5 minutes back it still takes me back to the start.

After searching around I had no luck finding a solution so deleted the savegame folder, ran a repair via steam which recreated the savegame folder and the newsave.sav, started playing the game again for about 15 mins only to find the same problem.

Any ideas?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
WirlWind

Ditto here, havn't been able to load a save (auto or quick) at all and I havn't seen the actual SAVE button lit up once, but I think that's more because I was in combat...

Kinda sucks because I just blew away $22 aussie on a game that, unless I manage to play perfectly, I won't ever be able to beat... Or even turn off, for that matter!

ARGH FIX THE GAME >_<
WirlWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:04 AM   #3
Poet|Grotesque

Grotesque Tactics
it must be the windows authorisation problem. he cant write the save games because the directory is write protected.
check mydocuments\GrotesqueTactics\SaveGames and check if you can disable the write protection.
Do you see any save games there? 0.sav 1.sav ??
Poet|Grotesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
r0cksteady

I found the solution

Guys I figured it out. Because my 'my documents' folder is NOT located at the traditional location of c:\doc & settings\blah blah and instead on a different hard drive mapped as T: the bug was occuring.
As soon as I restored my 'my documents' location back to default everything started working instantly.

Cheers. Hope this helps others.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #5
Poet|Grotesque

Grotesque Tactics
Ok thx for the info.
Poet|Grotesque is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Grotesque Tactics series