Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory

Old 11-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
elpacho

Fun Ideas and Suggestions for Poker Night

So yeah.
I assume you read the title.

Add more characters
I know it's painful work to voice and animate them, but I have a foolproof plan to make some of us happy.
So telltale do this:
STEP 1: Voice
STEP 2: Animation
STEP 3: Release it as DLC for like 99c or 2 bucks or something.
STEP 4: ???
STEP 5: Profit!
So it would look something like this:
Poker Night DLC
2 dollars
Sam from Sam and Max
Unlockable: Big Kill

For all of you who think that releasing new chars as DLC.
Telltale employees need to eat too.

Add more Poker variations

Well this is preety understantable.
Texas Hold em is the only mode currently unveiled.
I say Telltale should emplement MORE modes.
Like American poker, Special Telltale mode thingy poker...
Blacjack maybe?
Strip poker?
Hahahahahahahahaha.
No.

Make it so that you can gamble on your TF2 items

Nuff said.
Got a spare Dead Ringer? Raise it.

Make the old Lugermorphs Vintage or Unusual

NO I DO NOT HAVE ONE.
I'm just sayin' you'll avoid a LOT of rage if you do this.

Add some additional info to your won items

Basically what I'm sayin is add the date of when you won the item and who did you win it from.
Or something like that.

Add multiplayer

I know this is a HUGE leap for a single-player game only company, but still...
If it turns out good, you'll get a good response from the comunnity, so yeah Go for it!

Leave your ideas and suggestions below
Old 11-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
El Taco

I like most of these ideas. And I'd like to see cameos from other characters at least, as well as novelty bonus rounds (like an occasional other game, eg. roulette(Russian roulette with Heavy?)).
El Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
elpacho

Bump.
No one has any suggestions besides El Taco?
elpacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Robco101

Took the ideas right from my mind. I thought it would increase the marketing value of adding more characters and possibly increase the value of other games those characters are from. Not to mention multiplayer with gambling some TF2 items would be a challenge. It's been on my mind, that "even with these four interesting characters, we need more characters to get to know, win their items, and play different types of Poker. I'll bet with more personalities, you would find yourself in a more intensive game of cards!"

I looked on TellTale Forums to see what active topics there where, and there was this guy asking about multiplayer. Somebody maybe an admin said "There will be no multiplayer! The game was strictly developed for the conversation! Not the Poker" And if I was apart of TellTales staff, I would've perma-banned this guy for potentially hurting our market by being overly-blunt about current features, because there is always room for improvement and updates!

These ideas should be supported, give people a reason to buy it for such a price. People want multiplayer, people want extra characters, people want a reason. You give them those features, you give them a reason, and people will buy! So I ask, why not?

Last edited by Robco101: 11-06-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Necrotic Fever

So, he should be banned for telling the truth about the game?

You're smart.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #6
Robco101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrotic Fever View Post
So, he should be banned for telling the truth about the game?

You're smart.
If it's the truth, does it mean it's final?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Robco101

Even if it is final, I can't really care too much because it's not my choice. But I do like to see more in games, and the smaller they get, the smaller things seem. I know the game is geared entirely to single play and interaction with characters.

But it would help me a lot if there was some sort of expansion, aside from the nice tf2 promos, it would be nice to add some more variety. Even if there is no multiplayer, why not have a few more characters? I'd like to see more interaction!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #8
kambas

My best idea is to make it online multiplayer! That would be fun!
Old 11-07-2010, 04:01 AM   #9
in.meinem.turm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kambas View Post
My best idea is to make it online multiplayer! That would be fun!
no it wouldn't. If you want to play poker with your friends online play partypoker.
in.meinem.turm. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Giygas

The main point of the game is that the characters interact with one another throughout the poker game. Adding even one extra character would require them to get voices from all the other characters currently playable, which would be quite a hassle and would take quite some time.

As for the extra modes of poker, again, it would require many new clips for each of the characters and would take alot of time to finish.

And the gambling idea? There is a lot of reasons as to why this is a generally bad idea. Mainly because the game would become even more TF2-focused, and because people could easily exploit it to earn many items in TF2 (through hacking, glitches, etc).

It's not that I'm trying to put down all of your idea's. And I'm not saying they won't be added. But the amount of extra work they'd have to put in for each of these suggestions... I don't think it'd be worth it for them.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #11
SGRaaize

I'd like some multiplayer, tbh, I don't really see why it couldn't be implemented in this way:

The game itself plays normally and in the same way to everyone, but each person sees himself as the unseen guy and the other 4 players as the main characters.

Would be cool, IMO
SGRaaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:06 PM   #12
Robco101

I understand about the adding characters being a hassle, and I agree that making it multiplayer with gambling tf2 items would make it too TF2 focused which is not in their marketing goal.

I only hope that they add some DLC for extra characters and game modes. Or include those in an update a few weeks after the games release or so. I look forward to the game itself.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Poker Night at the Inventory