Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nimbus

Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
Sairon

Noumenon Games
Patch delayed to Monday

We'll be delaying the patch until Monday due to a new found crash to desktop. We've also had some discussion concerning how the controllers should be mapped, we're going to redo some work on this front to make it easily configurable from the settings menu. This however will require us to redo the menu a bit since we've run out of room. We'll be working on this over the weekend, so the new patch date is on Monday. Sorry guys & gals
Old 11-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
1nsane89

Its ok, as long as its coming up

One thing im pretty sure must have been already suggested, but im going to suggest it anyways.

Level editor, there is nothing players love more than a level editor and a way of sharing those levels with others. This would multiply the replay vaule by over 9000 making it even more awesome game.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
M4nkoRid3r

Oooh, exciting
M4nkoRid3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
adypete

i'd just love to be able to download replays from the scoreboard, like in trials 2
adypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Smokindan50

I think they were talking about adding ghosts and multiplayer (they were planned but couldn't be implemented for financial reasons.)

The more people that buy the game the faster they get added. Spread the word!
Smokindan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
57E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsane89 View Post
Its ok, as long as its coming up

One thing im pretty sure must have been already suggested, but im going to suggest it anyways.

Level editor, there is nothing players love more than a level editor and a way of sharing those levels with others. This would multiply the replay vaule by over 9000 making it even more awesome game.
A level editor would be nice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog.noumenongames.com
To the people who’s been suggesting ghost & multiplayer support and editor, it’s something which we originally planned for but wasn’t able to include due to our financial situation. But it’s still something we have on the wall, so if things go as planned it might make its way in.
57E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Sairon

Noumenon Games
We'll be adding ghost support first because it's the one requiring the least work. We've been talking a bit over here whether it should be incorporated in the leader boards or if it should just be local.

The downside of providing it for all scores on the leader board is that we'll likely have to a special server for it. This is a bit more time consuming than just having it locally, but we'll need a server for managing user levels in any case if we're to shape up and release the editor. The other issue with having the scores available for everyone to view from the leader boards is that in some ways it kind of spoils the joy of finding optimized routs, coming on top becomes more about execution.
Sairon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #8
Bairemuth

I really don't like the idea of ghosts and being able to take the top time and then follow that ghost. Maybe give the person the option to disable his/her ghost if he/she so chooses.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
Lazareth

Maybe make the ghosts in an easily sharable format so people can exchange them if they want to? This way a person on the leaderboard can decide whether they want to share their tricks or not over a third-party site or another form?

This will also move the spoilerific nature of such ghosts a "step" away from the game, essentially being a more presentable walkthrough available on the internet.
Lazareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #10
DJ Cryotek

Very quick work on the patch, no need to apologize for the short delay!

I don't see any need for ghost support being anything but local. As others suggested, it would spoil it too much otherwise. And people can record with FRAPs etc. and put videos on youtube if they really want to anyway. Or share the ghost files with each other directly.

A level editor would be dreamy. Not sure why you'd need a server for managing the levels... or were you going to make them downloadable in-game? Might want to add a rating system if you do that, so good levels get bumped up, and bad/broken levels can be more easily avoided and deleted periodically. Regardless, I'd make the maps a format that can be easily installed or uninstalled manually, so users can share maps on their own websites etc. independently of the game itself.

Analog control is the one thing I found myself wishing for again and again when I was playing. Steering without it feels awkward, as it does in any 'racing' game. It would definitely suit Nimbus, and make it feel more like you are fighting against the puzzles, not the controls.
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
milhouse3671

Yep, want Analog control so badly.
When is this patch coming?
milhouse3671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
DJ Cryotek

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse3671 View Post
Yep, want Analog control so badly.
When is this patch coming?
I think you need to read the topic...

You know, you might be able to 'emulate' analog control with JoyToKey or some other program. The only problem is that your ship would probably look like it was having a seizure if it worked.
DJ Cryotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
milhouse3671

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Cryotek View Post
I think you need to read the topic...

You know, you might be able to 'emulate' analog control with JoyToKey or some other program. The only problem is that your ship would probably look like it was having a seizure if it worked.
Thanks I read the topic, it said the patch was coming monday, It's monday, just looking for some input on exactly when I'll be seeing this patch.
milhouse3671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #14
Sairon

Noumenon Games
I'm doing the build now, some of the experimental tick rate almost made its way in unintentionally causing some delay. Everything seems to working fine now, so we'll be dropping it over to valve in a minute. There's some basic analog stick support, it doesn't use the resolution of the stick yet however, we're still a bit hesitant about including the whole resolution range of the analog stick since it gives a clear advantage to using a controller over keyboard.

We'll be going for the local solution for ghost, one will be able to transfer them between players. There's some other more pressing issues before we'll be focusing on adding more features however.

As for the level editor, ideally we'd have some sort of integrated solution where one can easily publish, browse and download them in game. But as you say, it might be more advantageous to go for a more manual approach in the beginning at least.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #15
Sairon

Noumenon Games
The patch is now submitted, hopefully it will make its way to live momentarily

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Nimbus