Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Shd.Mage

Steam Wallet And Paypal

I post this today with basically one situation that had recently happened to me in mind. Upon purchasing a game with my paypal account My Steam account was later disabled due to my paypal being unverified for whatever reason. Now i got things settled out but It'd be in my best interest for this to not happen again. I do not want to risk losing all my games over one faulty purchase. This steam wallet seems like a perfectly sound idea too me And i have no real objections to the increments of currency you can fund it with. I just want to know if I add funds to the Wallet with my paypal and just keep the funds in the wallet untouched for a bit (under precaution for the next possible part) and my Paypal decides to charge back the funds for whatever reason will the funds in my wallet simply be taken out and nothing done to the rest of my games? Or will my entire account be locked and i be out all of my rightfully purchased games? (Assuming I dont get things fixed in time)

TL;DR
If i add Money to wallet (And not spend it for a bit) through Paypal and paypal (for whatever reason) Charges it back. Will my account be disabled or just the funds be taken away?

I loved using paypal for my purchases but I dont want to risk it all again
Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
MrSmit

Good question, I would also like to hear an official response, I have heard too many horror stories about disabled accounts due to Paypal charge backs, so I just use a Debit Card now though.
MrSmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Shd.Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmit View Post
Good question, I would also like to hear an official response, I have heard too many horror stories about disabled accounts due to Paypal charge backs, so I just use a Debit Card now though.
I would gladly Use a Debit card if i had one at the time and despite the $5 fee to put money on a greendot moneypak card I found it extremely easy and quick as an alternative.
Shd.Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
jjjon123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shd.Mage View Post
I would gladly Use a Debit card if i had one at the time and despite the $5 fee to put money on a greendot moneypak card I found it extremely easy and quick as an alternative.
Especially when first time buyers get free $5
TF2 for $5 when mann-conomy update.
jjjon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
LegendFury

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shd.Mage View Post
I post this today with basically one situation that had recently happened to me in mind. Upon purchasing a game with my paypal account My Steam account was later disabled due to my paypal being unverified for whatever reason. Now i got things settled out but It'd be in my best interest for this to not happen again. I do not want to risk losing all my games over one faulty purchase. This steam wallet seems like a perfectly sound idea too me And i have no real objections to the increments of currency you can fund it with. I just want to know if I add funds to the Wallet with my paypal and just keep the funds in the wallet untouched for a bit (under precaution for the next possible part) and my Paypal decides to charge back the funds for whatever reason will the funds in my wallet simply be taken out and nothing done to the rest of my games? Or will my entire account be locked and i be out all of my rightfully purchased games? (Assuming I dont get things fixed in time)

TL;DR
If i add Money to wallet (And not spend it for a bit) through Paypal and paypal (for whatever reason) Charges it back. Will my account be disabled or just the funds be taken away?

I loved using paypal for my purchases but I dont want to risk it all again
It will most likely be disabled. Buying Steam Wallet $ is still a transaction, just like buying a game.
LegendFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
Shd.Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjon123 View Post
Especially when first time buyers get free $5
TF2 for $5 when mann-conomy update.
I know and now their offering the $5 bucks you spend to buy the moneypak when you put it on your paypal talk about poor timing on my part haha Im sure i could buy a game through my paypal im just a little shooken up by the latest events that have taken place
Shd.Mage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion