Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds

Old 11-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
jiminator

Two worlds vs Gothic?

Loved all the Gothics, how does two worlds compare? Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
blix2006

two worlds 2 has been a fantastic game so far and makes gothic 4 look like crap....it makes tw1 look pretty bad too
blix2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #3
silvertemplar

You'll have to be specific with Gothic.

I've played a few hours of TW2 and it's much more comparable to Oblivion than Gothic to be honest. TW2 is a huge open world, it's kinda sandboxy as you can go anywhere you want [assuming you can survive, it's not easy mode like Oblivion tho] .

Now Gothic 1 and 2 were very small scale games with a ton of detail on characters and the story. Gothic 3 they went with the whole open world thing and i don't think it was done that well , TW2 is doing it alot better.

Now as for Gothic 4 aka "Arcania" vs TW2 . I have both and i can easily say TW2 beats the crap out of Arcania hands down. Arcania feels like an arcade platformer against TW2 . That said, Arcania has a more hacknslash - casual feel to it, environments are small but looks great and combat isn't half bad , but there's ZERO depth [there's almost no RPG in the game, since you don't build up stats or gain new skills, you just increase generic things like health, damage and magic power [and get a few effects ontop without actually picking it] . Arcania also got no variety, you get to zone, do trivial quests to kill or fetch, next zone, rinse repeat. Arcania a linear game and not much exploration or side-tracking [some might like it i suppose]

In contrast in TW2 i've already gambled, entered horse races and made money playing music in a mini game that resembles guitar hero ... nevermind the quests that actually require you to explore a bit.

Last edited by silvertemplar: 11-11-2010 at 02:35 PM.
silvertemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
blix2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertemplar View Post
You'll have to be specific with Gothic.

I've played a few hours of TW2 and it's much more comparable to Oblivion than Gothic to be honest. TW2 is a huge open world, it's kinda sandboxy as you can go anywhere you want [assuming you can survive, it's not easy mode like Oblivion tho] .

Now Gothic 1 and 2 were very small scale games with a ton of detail on characters and the story. Gothic 3 they went with the whole open world thing and i don't think it was done that well , TW2 is doing it alot better.

Now as for Gothic 4 aka "Arcania" vs TW2 . I have both and i can easily say TW2 beats the crap out of Arcania hands down. Arcania feels like an arcade platformer against TW2 . That said, Arcania has a more hacknslash - casual feel to it, environments are small but looks great and combat isn't half bad , but there's ZERO depth [there's almost no RPG in the game, since you don't build up stats or gain new skills, you just increase generic things like health, damage and magic power [and get a few effects ontop without actually picking it] . Arcania also got no variety, you get to zone, do trivial quests to kill or fetch, next zone, rinse repeat. Arcania a linear game and not much exploration or side-tracking [some might like it i suppose]

In contrast in TW2 i've already gambled, entered horse races and made money playing music in a mini game that resembles guitar hero ... nevermind the quests that actually require you to explore a bit.
i dont even see how your doing the mini game music stuff..it scrolls so fast i cant do it
blix2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
silvertemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix2006 View Post
i dont even see how your doing the mini game music stuff..it scrolls so fast i cant do it
Heh, yea, drums are doable , and i guess it depends on the songs, some songs were impossible to play on the flute, but i did find one that was easy enough to actually get some points.

Either way, it's just a side activity, and most likely will be skipped by most. I guess the point is, it is there and all these things add up to having a varied vibrant world to explore. It adds another layer to the game.

Arcania in contrast you're left with bare-bones questing+hack and slash , you'll go on thinking it gets deeper, but it never does...
silvertemplar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds