Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Farming Simulator 2011

Old 11-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
KevyMT is Here!

Farming Simulator 2011 How To? (STICKY REQUEST)

OK, Farming Simulator 2011 How to?

I decided to create this thread in order for other users to supply information that may be helpful to new players of Farming Simulator 2011 So I hope this gets the Moderators to realize that the game needs a How To thread to help people out, or to provide hints to other players.

Old 11-20-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
ThePerfectGnome

1. You dont have to plow the field every time you replant it.
2. trailers can be attached to other trailers making a chain, and you dont have to unhook them to unload them.
3. you can take your single player game online.
ThePerfectGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:38 AM   #3
Reggaesmurf

Sell the first green harvester you get when you start your career.
Then buy another trailer and start emptying your silos with one trailer. With the other you go to the field in the south near the brewery and drop it there for the yellow harvester (who should be busy harvesting that field).
Now you can start cultivating other fields.

Also buy another good tractor.

-Invest money early in the game. There's no use for stocking up your silos in the beginning.
-Use 2 harvesters for big fields and switch between those 2 to empty them with your tractor+trailer
Old 12-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
scanlpr

If the field is back in color, is it ready for seeding or do you have to disk/cultivate it again. Referring to the field behind the grain storage silos at the farm in the beginner's level.

Thanks!
Alex. S.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
windtech

ok so i down loaded a new holland large square baler and it is asking for ropes any one?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Anton84

Don't bale, buy cows...in the end much more money with less work!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Anton84

Two yellows combines grainbin cappacity same as big one though slower,sell the green one when you have enough money 2 buy another yellow one
Old 01-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
Anton84

On the island are some fields u can harvest when u first arrive, make sure u spray them with fertilizer before you harvest...the yield is then much bigger!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
Draticus

well im putting a test to a good starter i think may work well, ive only had this game for about 5hrs but after fixing me crashing problem, ive worked out im able to farm the big black patch and small 1 at same time very fast (9m seeder) with the 10+m sprayer, 4 small trailers, mid range tracktor, yellow harv ( gotta farm a bit to upgrade it) but will post later on or 2morrow a full guide
Draticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #10
Anton84

O, thanks Kevy for this thread you created, this is goiing to help new players a lot............keep up the good work!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #11
Anton84

How is it goiing Draticus??
Old 01-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
Draticus

found alot out while playing with some 1 i met in a group .
Farming.

on small field close to silos when u plant conola you gain around 1k-3k of it

while when i planted barley or wheat i gained around 80% more harvest from it than conola.

so say u sell around 20k conola you gain ill say around 5.8k (thats around 120k-160k cash) but with 80% more per a yeild.

u would gain around 200k+ cash from around 35000 wheat or barley

so in truth conola isnt worth doing full stop.

with the DLC ( if u have it) just collect the hay/straw with a forget wagon ( last in trailors if u got DLC) and start stock pilel it for cows.

When hiring workers u can tab to another trackor or havestor or fertilizer and they will still keep working ( with this i can get around 4 big fields running b4 i need to harvest)

funny tip: Press Home on anything that has a light on top of it to make it light up.

Never sell anything u get: when u do this u can set workers to use old items on smaller fields with u use newer and bigger stuff on bigger fields.

Never make bales: worked this out in 2hr online game with a friend time he moved all the bales we made so we can keep harvesting ( around 60 bales sold for 18k on med ) we could of harvested it again another 2 times try getting a wagon to pick it up or just cult over it.

you can fertilize culted fields b4 planting and it will stay fertilized after planting on it.

black feild at start means its fertilized and ready to sow right away.

you can make a congo train of trailers ( 3 max after that it gets very hard to connect them).

2 small trailers = little more cap than med
2 med trailers = 12,000 more cap than a large but costs around 5-6k more.

you can fertilize and sow at same time but sower on back and small fertilizer on back set front off then back get both done at the same time.

thats all i can think of right now
Draticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 AM   #13
C04L

Bails.

dont bother using the conveyor belt.
if you have a auto loader trailer, press O to get it standing up(but donot drop it).
reverse the trailer to what looks like a barn door underneath the conveyor. the barn door has a no-clip so the stack you are reversing goes through the door and then you can "drop" your cargo... hey presto, ka'ching ka'ching ka'ching ka'ching..
C04L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
night1122

how do you clean your tractor?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #15
KevinBC

ive had fs2011 for a few months now and so far theres only one thing that i cannot figure out. its the pricing for the produced grain. i know that you should sell when the price up but what i want to kno is the total amount of money i will get when i sell. if u could help me that would be awsome
KevinBC is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Farming Simulator 2011