Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops

Old 11-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Wizcomb

Red face Verify Integrity Of Game Cache!!

hello all,

let me start from the beginning. when i installed black ops and played it, the single player worked fine but the second i started multiplayer it would crash and the error it would give me was "Fatal error". so i got the bright idea to go to the Black ops game properties in steams game list and ran the "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache" button. it ran and said that 40 files were F'ed up and were ganna be re downloaded, then the game worked fine until i turned my PC off and had the same problem. I ran it again and of course it fixed the problem but this is now happening every time i turn my PC off and then on...i have no idea whats going on and its getting very annoying waiting for 20 minutes every-time i want to play black ops (i actually only have to do it once and it works all the way until i turn the whole PC off)....any help would be appreciated

p.s. i have not tried uninstalling it and re-installing it
Old 11-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Orkhayiq

Have you had any success with your issue?

I'm having the same problem. When I run multiplayer the game crashes on the main menu with a 'Couldn't load image' error for some weapon texture. I then verify the integrity of the game cache, it finds a number of files that failed to validate, redownloads them (roughly 600mb) but the problem remains. Still crashes on the main menu. Revalidating the game's cache again only redownloads another 600mb or so. It's a cycle and downloading of the files does nothing. I've done this many times.

I haven't reinstalled the whole game either. Did this work for you?
Orkhayiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
Wizcomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkhayiq View Post
Have you had any success with your issue?

I'm having the same problem. When I run multiplayer the game crashes on the main menu with a 'Couldn't load image' error for some weapon texture. I then verify the integrity of the game cache, it finds a number of files that failed to validate, redownloads them (roughly 600mb) but the problem remains. Still crashes on the main menu. Revalidating the game's cache again only redownloads another 600mb or so. It's a cycle and downloading of the files does nothing. I've done this many times.

I haven't reinstalled the whole game either. Did this work for you?
I think the reason may be a disk Defrag im running, i cant be sure though
Wizcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Orkhayiq

Don't think there was any defragging going on but, deleting local content of Black Ops and re-downloading it solved my issue. Before you play the game after re-downloading, make a backup of the game using the context menu "Backup Game Files..." option. This way if the new install messes up, hopefully you can delete it then restore this backup to save you a 8gb download.
Orkhayiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
Wizcomb

Quote:
Don't think there was any defragging going on but, deleting local content of Black Ops and re-downloading it solved my issue. Before you play the game after re-downloading, make a backup of the game using the context menu "Backup Game Files..." option. This way if the new install messes up, hopefully you can delete it then restore this backup to save you a 8gb download.
thanks for the help dude, ill try it
Wizcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
icemankev

same thing

im haveing the same problem, i have 2 veryfie my cach, b4 i can play, at mo im re-downloading 101 files !! WTH!!!! please someone help us, its getting very frustraiting,,,i have uninstalled and re-installed but still same, ive defraged aswell,,,
icemankev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
DOOMJESUS

Banned
Quote:
it's senseless to back it up if it's unplayable anyhow. don't waste the space...
DOOMJESUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Black Ops