Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stargate Resistance

Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
bctrainers

Exclamation A Message To Our Valued Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireskyKat
Dear Valued Customer,

On November 16, 2010, the License Agreement between Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. and MGM Interactive, Inc. expired. As a result, Cheyenne will no longer be able to offer Stargate Resistance for sale to new customers. However, in the best interests of our customers, game play will be provided for a period of 60 days (until January 15, 2011) to customers who purchased Stargate Resistance prior to November 16, 2010. Look for more information as it becomes available.

On a personal note, the Stargate Resistance team would like to thank each and every one of our community members for the support you have shown.
http://forums.stargateworlds.com/sho...727#post775727
Old 11-24-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
tacc

Oh great. I actually waited for a free weekend to test it or a discount. And now I won't be able to play it at all.
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
jenkins_08

Well then this sucks... It's a shame to see anything with the "Stargate" name attached to it is like a Bullseye for MGM to cancel or completely cut out of existence...
I mean fair enough, i was looking forward to Stargate: Alliance the most (RIP!) However this game is probably about the closest thing to Alliance as we're ever going to get.

I just finished re-downloading the game last night, and was shocked to read this news in my Steam library via Eurogamer.

RIP Stargate Resistance, for you were the game that dared to be different in a brown ocean of other generic FPS games.
jenkins_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
CoMus

Can we please get dedicated servers before you shut everything down.
CoMus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Centy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkins_08 View Post
RIP Stargate Resistance, for you were the game that dared to be different in a brown ocean of other generic FPS games.
Not to nit pick but it wasn't a FPS and it was almost entirely generic.
Centy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stargate Resistance