Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #1
JamesMichael

..where are you?

come on SMB is suppose to be on steam by now. I have kept silent long enough, first this was a PC exclusive game then it had xbla tagged onto it (or that's how they made it sound) Now its looking to be an xbla exclusive. Come on Meat team, crap or get off the pot. I am sick of false promises from developers, mainly indie devs although the major ones aren't much better.

I mean hell when they said nov, they might as well as said DEC first.

Last edited by JamesMichael: 11-21-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
Xenesis

Pre-orders open on the 23rd, release on the 30th.

Get your knickers out of a knot. There's even a countdown on the Official Site! They're even giving Steam users $5 off during the pre-order period to match the XBLA offer.

Jeez, some people.

Last edited by Xenesis: 11-21-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Xenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM   #3
Krackatoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMichael View Post
come on SMB is suppose to be on steam by now. I have kept silent long enough, first this was a PC exclusive game then it had xbla tagged onto it (or that's how they made it sound) Now its looking to be an xbla exclusive. Come on Meat team, crap or get off the pot. I am sick of false promises from developers, mainly indie devs although the major ones aren't much better.

I mean hell when they said nov, they might as well as said DEC first.
Misguided feelings of angst are misguided.
Krackatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
Eppy37

come on SMB! 7 days is too long of a wait!

really, it is <_<
Eppy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
JamesMichael

i just find it stupid. when team meat said they would make a full game out of a flash game, I was like 'eh, it will probably be decent but not that amazing.' When I heard about the content and the fact that i was going to be PC exclusive and on steam. I was impressed. Now that is basically an xbox exclusive and on xbla for a month and 2 weeks before a possible pc release. I was going to at least purchase and test it out but now I feel like whats the point? All about it has been said and done, only thing left is to soak up any money they can for their next project. So its like who cares.
JamesMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
Mr_Fayce

Quote:
i just find it stupid. when team meat said they would make a full game out of a flash game, I was like 'eh, it will probably be decent but not that amazing.' When I heard about the content and the fact that i was going to be PC exclusive and on steam. I was impressed. Now that is basically an xbox exclusive and on xbla for a month and 2 weeks before a possible pc release. I was going to at least purchase and test it out but now I feel like whats the point? All about it has been said and done, only thing left is to soak up any money they can for their next project. So its like who cares.
I want to hurt you. Badly.
Mr_Fayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
Krackatoa

Quote:
Wat? You're not making a lot of sense. You lost interest in a game you haven't played yet? And now you're faulting the developers for making a good game?

And the game was never announced as PC exclusive. Until they got the dev-kits, however, that's all they could feasibly publish.

Microsoft comes in, scoops up a timed exclusive, and gives them the support to cover publishing and extended development.

Whoopeedoo. You're getting a better game than you would have gotten otherwise. If you've lost interest, that's a pity, because the game is pretty fantastic.

They've had a pretty punctual development schedule as well. I find it kind of laughable that you'd suffer from some game release malaise when they've released the game in such a small timespan for the size of their development team.
Krackatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #8
JamesMichael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krackatoa View Post
Wat? You're not making a lot of sense. You lost interest in a game you haven't played yet? And now you're faulting the developers for making a good game?

And the game was never announced as PC exclusive. Until they got the dev-kits, however, that's all they could feasibly publish.

Microsoft comes in, scoops up a timed exclusive, and gives them the support to cover publishing and extended development.

Whoopeedoo. You're getting a better game than you would have gotten otherwise. If you've lost interest, that's a pity, because the game is pretty fantastic.

They've had a pretty punctual development schedule as well. I find it kind of laughable that you'd suffer from some game release malaise when they've released the game in such a small timespan for the size of their development team.
its not the time period they did it in its how they did it. Originally they said they would build a PC game, for the PC and nothing else but now they have built an xbox game for the xbox and are basically porting it over. So basically the PC only guys get screwed with left overs. They are adding quick fixes like exclusive characters to keep the game new to people who already played it on the PC. For those who actually wanted characters promised, they get screwed. (such as gish) Oh, a headcrab like i cant get that anywhere else. this game was suppose to be original and now it just seems like they have taken that all away with its alternative characters and etc.
JamesMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
bloocheese565

Quote:
its not the time period they did it in its how they did it. Originally they said they would build a PC game, for the PC and nothing else but now they have built an xbox game for the xbox and are basically porting it over. So basically the PC only guys get screwed with left overs. They are adding quick fixes like exclusive characters to keep the game new to people who already played it on the PC. For those who actually wanted characters promised, they get screwed. (such as gish) Oh, a headcrab like i cant get that anywhere else. this game was suppose to be original and now it just seems like they have taken that all away with its alternative characters and etc.
I would go on a rant about how completely wrong you are, but it's late and I'm tired. I will say one thing though. If you don't like it, don't get it. Stop being so hurt on the forums.

You mad bro?
bloocheese565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #10
Sam&Max

I don't remember them ever saying any such thing, and I've been following this game for some time. Have any sources?
Sam&Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #11
Sean McGeezer

I'm pretty sure Nintendo snatched it up before Microsoft, so it's the Wii fans that should be most jarateed, it doesn't even have a release date for that yet
Sean McGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:54 AM   #12
Gargos

Quote:
+1

They sold their soul to the devil. Money is money.
Gargos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #13
oppdis

So, you guys are whining about two indie developers trying to make a buck off of hundreds if not thousands of hours of work, blood, sweat, and tears.

Yup, typical SPUF right there. Hope you feel good.

On topic, it should be here in an hour. The countdown is set for 8 AM one week from today. Just a hunch...
oppdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #14
MeFirst

What do you expect this is the steam forum?

Also for all the people that go already crazy beacause the preorder option is not avabile yer. Dont think the preorder is late, just think that from the moment you can preorder the game till you can play it is getting shorter.
MeFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #15
Gargos

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppdis View Post
So, you guys are whining about two indie developers trying to make a buck off of hundreds if not thousands of hours of work, blood, sweat, and tears.

Yup, typical SPUF right there. Hope you feel good.

On topic, it should be here in an hour. The countdown is set for 8 AM one week from today. Just a hunch...
Yep, when the game creators launch a game without end, like they said on the bosses interview at Destructoid. When they are a playing exclusivity with DLSc, characters, map editors, etc...

When they don't do the best game they can for money, yep, we buyers have the right to cry hundreds if not thousands of rivers.

Yep, I'll buy the game and love it. But it hurts knowing it could be better.

Last edited by Gargos: 11-23-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Gargos is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super Meat Boy