Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion

Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Ensiferum

Arrow could not load library

Ok first off, i've been browsing through every thread about that "could not load library" problem i could find, and even though some came close, none fixed my problem.

So here's the situation:

1- I create my mod, everything goes where it should.

1.5- when i load the game from steam, it works without touching anything. But in hammer, i get black screens instead of grids.

2- I go to the sourcemod/modname folder, open the gameinfo.txt and replace :

" SteamAppId 420 // GCF for Episode 2
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc."

with:

" SteamAppId 218 // GCF for Episode 2
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.
AdditionalContentID 420"

3- Now when i launch hammer, i have the grids and everything works, but when i launch the game, it CTD with the error message (could not load library).

4- I go in visual 2005, follow carefully the instructions on the valve dev website and compile, 'cept it fails and i get that:

"1>------ Build started: Project: Client Episodic, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>spritemodel.cpp
1>s:\modname\src\game\client\spritemodel.cpp(442) : error C3861: 'IsBIK': identifier not found
1>Build log was saved at "file://s:\Project Penumbra\src\game\client\Debug_episodic\BuildLog.h tm"
1>Client Episodic - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped =========="

I also get no client.dll and server.dll, and copying those from the "sdk base" file in a created "bin" file in my mod's folder doesn't work.

I've tried everything i could see and i don't see a solution. I've created a second mod and followed in order through everything and still got the same problem.
Halp !

EDIT1: i deleted the " Assert( !IsAVI() && !IsBIK() );" that seemed to be a problem and it compiled without failing. But i still get the same error on launche and i don't know if i should've deleted that line...

Last edited by Ensiferum: 11-22-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Sapphon

Deleting that line is fine, and you should have done it. Now, with that line gone, your compiler is creating client.dll and server.dll. Are you

A) Sure that they're being moved to the folder where the hl2.exe will be expecting them before the game is being run?
B) Sure MSVS is using the right hl2.exe in debug mode? (the one in the SDK Base 2007 folder works for me).
Sapphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Ensiferum

Thanks for your answering.

I followed de tutorial on Valve dev community, so i went into the properties of the Client project and changed, for all configurations, the command and command argument line.
The first on i indicated the hl2.exe (i tried with the one of hl2 ep2, and the one of source sdk base 2007).
The second one, i put in "-allowdebug -novid -game "S:\Program Files\steamapps\sourcemods\modname""

So it's supposed to know where to put it, right?

EDIT: ok.... got it fixed.... so i took the .dll files from source sdk base 2007 (with gfscape) and placed them in a bin folder in my sourcemod's mod folder. It worked....

Last edited by Ensiferum: 11-23-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Ensiferum is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Tool Discussions > Source SDK General Discussion