Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Agent

Old 11-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
DirtyDevin

DON'T BUY IT - IT DOESN'T WORK

If you have a 400 series Nvidia card this game WILL NOT WORK

- Also there is a random problem with some of the 64-bit operating systems giving the Escape Error (basically the escape key does nothing so you have to 3-finger salute and end task.

For the Nvidia 400 series cards - The game will be unplayable after the first puzzle. Can't escape, can't solve the 2nd puzzle, can't continue the game.

Here's the part that really steams me (no pun intended)

There is no fix, they have known about it for over 6 months and still haven't fixed it. They claim only 2% of players have this configuration/video card set up so it isn't worth fixing.

Don't buy it please. Keep your money and don't let those fools get a dime.

Love you steam, hate you Telltale games - as I'm sure they have banned my account from their forums by now.

Last edited by DirtyDevin: 11-26-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
EDG

I have a 64-bit OS (windows 7) and it worked fine, with no problems.
EDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
DirtyDevin

Sorry - It is just sometimes on the 64 bit systems....but EVERY machine with Nvidia 400 series video card affected.

Here's their thread on their forums to show how long and rediculous it has been going on

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/...=17891&page=10
Old 11-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
EDG

So it's an ongoing problem. People should familiarise themselves with it and not buy the game if they have an affected video card until the problem is fixed.

Meanwhile, everyone else can and should buy it, because it's a great little game.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Marsbergen

Yeah, the name was a bit of a turnoff for me initially. It didn't seem to catch me. But after watching the surreal intro, I was hooked.
Marsbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Fraxcat

No, if it's a KNOWN problem, it should've been posted on the indie bundle listing.

It wasn't. Neither was it posted when this game was included in the Humble Indie Bundle. I've now bought this game twice (Didn't feel so bad about the second time since I was cheap on the HIB...) and I'm just getting around to playing it...

Or wait, I'm NOT, because I have a GTX 460. F--K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDG View Post
So it's an ongoing problem. People should familiarise themselves with it and not buy the game if they have an affected video card until the problem is fixed.

Meanwhile, everyone else can and should buy it, because it's a great little game.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Spidery_Yoda

Quote:
I have a 64-bit OS (windows 7) and it worked fine, with no problems.
Same here.

Been quite enjoying it actually.
Spidery_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
T@F

win 7 64bit and esc don't work for me.

No way can I quit the game,that is just plain stupid and needs a fix.
The devs needs to stop being lazy and fix it.otherwise it will affect there future games.

If this game did not come in a pack i'm sure i would have wanted my money back,as the game is tec broken,I would be entitled to get my money back.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:59 AM   #9
Goteki-45

Beat the game on Win 7 x64 and loved every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@F View Post
win 7 64bit and esc don't work for me.

No way can I quit the game,that is just plain stupid and needs a fix.
The devs needs to stop being lazy and fix it.otherwise it will affect there future games.

If this game did not come in a pack i'm sure i would have wanted my money back,as the game is tec broken,I would be entitled to get my money back.
Play until reaching the inn (if I recall correctly) and a folder with a puzzle piece should appear in the top left corner. Clicking this gives you the option to go to the menu and quit the game.
Goteki-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
c1cc10

SHAME ON YOU TELLTALE. SHAME ON YOU.
I will tell to all my friend to not buy this crap.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
theBloodShed

Quote:
Here's the problem with that logic...

Telltale will continue ignoring the problem since they've already decided the users affected are simply "a small portion" (quoted from their forum response).

We're talking about a bug that literally breaks the game right at the very beginning and they've failed to put any effort toward fixing it after nearly five months. There is simply no excuse for that.

Rewarding developers that obviously have bad customer care means they have no motivation to improve. Next time, you may find that that their game-breaking bug actually does affect you.
theBloodShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #12
EDG

Sure, they're taking their time fixing it. But whatever the reasons, it is a known problem with a specific kind of video card. If you don't have that card, you won't have that problem - so actually there's no problem with my logic at all. If you are "everyone else" and you like puzzle games, then I think it's well worth getting.

Your logic on the other hand is somewhat flawed. Every game has bugs in it, does that mean that nobody should buy any game until they're all fixed? Of course not. It's absolutely nothing to do with "rewarding developers" for "bad customer care", unless you feel that it's wrong to buy any game that has ever been released with any bugs (if so, I suggest you stop buying games. And books with misprints. And CDs or DVDs with bad pressings).

If your card is compatible and you like this kind of game then there's nothing stopping you from buying and enjoying the game.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
Greenagainn!

Quote:
Sure, they're taking their time fixing it. But whatever the reasons, it is a known problem with a specific kind of video card. If you don't have that card, you won't have that problem - so actually there's no problem with my logic at all. If you are "everyone else" and you like puzzle games, then I think it's well worth getting.

Your logic on the other hand is somewhat flawed. Every game has bugs in it, does that mean that nobody should buy any game until they're all fixed? Of course not. It's absolutely nothing to do with "rewarding developers" for "bad customer care", unless you feel that it's wrong to buy any game that has ever been released with any bugs (if so, I suggest you stop buying games. And books with misprints. And CDs or DVDs with bad pressings).

If your card is compatible and you like this kind of game then there's nothing stopping you from buying and enjoying the game.
QFT.

5char?
Greenagainn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
theBloodShed

Quote:
Your logic on the other hand is somewhat flawed. Every game has bugs in it, does that mean that nobody should buy any game until they're all fixed? Of course not.
Are you being serious?

There's quite a difference in severity between the typical game bug and an issue that renders the game completely useless to paying customers. Even that is perfectly understandable if not for the fact that this, as you've also pointed out, has been a known issue for five months with no sign of being corrected. Further compounded by the fact that Telltale has made no warning about it. Based on your argument, I take it you expect that everyone should spend several hours researching forums for every piece of software they buy; just to ensure they do not waste their money.

As you quite obviously missed the point, it has everything to do with rewarding a company that mishandles its customers. Again, there's no excuse for a game-breaking bug to be ignored for five months. It's ridiculous for you to suggest it. To actually encourage more people to support this software and possibly fall victim to throwing away their money is equally nonsense.
theBloodShed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #15
c1cc10

Quote:

In system requirments there's not any advice about nvidia 4xx compatibility issue, so shut up and let us whining in peace.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Puzzle Agent