Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Freedom Force series

Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
Major Isoor

Import Characters to Third Reich?

Hey everyone, so, the other day I got the FF bundle pack, and, seeing as I haven't been able to completely download either game yet, let alone both, (yeah, I live in Australia, and have a rubbish bandwidth allocation) I was just wondering: When I finish the original, would I be able to easily import my hero/es from the original into the Third Reich, ala copy+paste it into the FF:3R directory somewhere?

Also, how good is the ingame hero creator? Like, can you change the character's build (eg. slim, muscly-to-all-hell, etc) as well as having a fair variety of customization options - or possibly an MS Paint-style paintbrush to do your own patterns or whatever, or should I invest in downloading some third party software to help with this?

Thanks guys

EDIT: OH, also, just thought - do custom characters have any dialogue at all, or are they completely silent the whole game? (I'm not expecting miracles here, just say, a canned male speechbank and a canned female one, for example)

Last edited by Major Isoor: 11-29-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:33 AM   #2
EmperorSahlertz

I'm afraid thats a 'no' to both questions
Old 12-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Bill Ramey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Isoor View Post
Also, how good is the ingame hero creator? Like, can you change the character's build (eg. slim, muscly-to-all-hell, etc)
No, FF's in-game creator works by choosing a mesh (i.e. body type) and then a skin (i.e. costume). So there's no in-game tweaking of body types and costumes. On the other hand, FF comes with a mesh editor, and there should still be lots of meshes and skins available on the Internet. From what I understand, it's not that hard to create meshes and skins if you're comfortable with drawing programs. I think there's still a Yahoo group dedicated to FF meshes and skins.

Quote:
OH, also, just thought - do custom characters have any dialogue at all, or are they completely silent the whole game? (I'm not expecting miracles here, just say, a canned male speechbank and a canned female one, for example)
Yes, you can choose a canned male or female voice.
Bill Ramey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #4
Hijo

You can convert every "mesh" (=character model) of FF1 with EZ Nif Converter v2.0 to use it in FFvtTR.

And you can convert every hero-File (where your stats are stored) of FF1 and convert it for FFvtTR --> EZ Hero

In fact, you can mod every in this game, there are custom voicepacks, tons of mods (JLA, Fantastic Four a.s.o.), thousands of skins and meshes on different fansites, expansion packs for both games with new powers, attributes, hundreds of new custom powers and, the best, an awesome community who is still quite active, when you consider that these are games which are nearly 7-10 years old.

These are in my opinion and in many others opinion two of the best games ever made, and the possibilities, made possible by so many great people who invested time and fun in these games, are just endless. The sites I mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg. Sorry to all I did not mentioned.

Last edited by Hijo: 10-01-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Freedom Force series