Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DeathSpank

Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
chrismith85

Can't get into Von Prong's Castle

So I'm playing the original deathspank, and I rescued six of the eight orphans and returned them to the mayor. He said "Thanks", took the bag-o-orphans, and gave me an orphan-summoning whistle. Now I'm outside of Lord Von Prong's castle, and the guard won't let me in without those six orphans. Did I break the game by giving the orphans to the mayor before getting into the castle? Is there something I can do to fix this? Any help is appreciated; I really don't want to have to replay the last ~10 hours just to finish the game.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
BadSanta

there is something wrong,the major doesn't let me give him the orphans until I've found them all.
maybe using the whistle to summon them before the conversation with the guards could work,try.
BadSanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
flava_clown

the whistle summons only one orphan! you need the six in a bag to get past the guard.

you should not have been able to give the bag-o-orphans to the mayor, he should have said that he want ALL, which includes the 2 in the castle.
with the bag of the six you should have talked to the guard who would have lowered the bridge for you.

i think there is nothing you can do to fix this, but maybe "hothead" can do something, like modifying your savegame. at least they should look into it to see if there is a script bug.

maybe you should upload your savegame somewhere and post the link here.
flava_clown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Hothead

Email support@hotheadgames.com and attach the save file explaining the situation. We have heard of this happening in one other case and although we were never able to recreate the issue, we may be able to adjust your save game.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
Hothead

It is also possible that you are missing something and nothing is actually wrong so give plenty of info on the state of your play through when emailing in. They may be able to give you a helping hand without any tech approach.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
The Rog

Holy Crap!
This must be some of the best support I've ever seen from a developer!
A developer that actually helps and fixes a save file for a customer!

Hothead, you guy's have releases one of the best games in years!
But with this you've shown your one of the most user friendly developers too!

I bow my head in your presence.
The Rog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #7
Hothead

Appreciated.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
chrismith85

I concur with The Rog -- thanks for providing great support! I'll email the save file and explanation of my situation when I get home tonight. I appreciate the help!
chrismith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
chrismith85

So I emailed support, but it's been over a week and I haven't gotten any response. Does it normally take this long? Should I resend the email, or is there a different address I should use?
chrismith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
flava_clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismith85 View Post
So I emailed support, but it's been over a week and I haven't gotten any response. Does it normally take this long? Should I resend the email, or is there a different address I should use?
yes resend it... hothead said they had a problem with their mailserver or something... they said the problem started around december 2. and they did not receive any email for several days from that day on...

so better send it again, it's most likely they did not receive your email.
flava_clown is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DeathSpank