Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jolly Rover

Old 12-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
MegaManZer0

Going to make a walkthrough for this

Hey everyone,

Just bought the game a few days ago during the sale and finished it, it was really fun! Some of the puzzles can be stumpers though, and I doubt everyone wants to look around for hours finding that elusive cracker or piece of eight. So I'm going to make a full text walkthrough of the game and submit it to GameFaqs. I plan to include:

-All flag, pieces of eight, and cracker locations
-Spell descriptions and incantations, easier to read than figures or noises the characters make
-What to do in every room, what objects to pick up, and how to solve the puzzles
-Describing how to get every achievement
-Possibly character bios

Anything else you think I should include?

I'm going to play the game through a second time a bit later, I ended up missing a few of the collectables anyway.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
jdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaManZer0 View Post
Hey everyone,

Just bought the game a few days ago during the sale and finished it, it was really fun! Some of the puzzles can be stumpers though, and I doubt everyone wants to look around for hours finding that elusive cracker or piece of eight. So I'm going to make a full text walkthrough of the game and submit it to GameFaqs. I plan to include:

-All flag, pieces of eight, and cracker locations
-Spell descriptions and incantations, easier to read than figures or noises the characters make
-What to do in every room, what objects to pick up, and how to solve the puzzles
-Describing how to get every achievement
-Possibly character bios

Anything else you think I should include?

I'm going to play the game through a second time a bit later, I ended up missing a few of the collectables anyway.
I'm looking forward to it. You should also post it on gamefaq.com.
jdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
MegaManZer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun View Post
I'm looking forward to it. You should also post it on gamefaq.com.
Yeah, that's where I plan to put it. I just finished with school work for the quarter, I'm booting up the game as we speak to give it another run through.

Also, if anyone could verify these while I make the rest of the guide, it would be appreciated and I'd credit you in the guide:

1. Does giving Pieces of Eight to a character (like the coconut guard) allow you to bypass the puzzle you would otherwise have to solve?

2. Does spending a Piece of Eight or a cracker affect the unlockables you can earn? If I spend 1 cracker and end up with 89/90 crackers, will I still unlock the final piece of concept art?

Last edited by MegaManZer0: 12-11-2010 at 11:45 AM.
MegaManZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
Snicker

1. Yes, and as far as I know, there are three places that can be done.

2. The unlockables are based on total collected coins / crackers - not depending on what was spent.

Just fyi, though, there are already some really good FAQs out there, including all of the info you've mentioned. Not to discourage you, but wouldn't want you to go through all that trouble to duplicate someone else's work.
Snicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
MegaManZer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snicker View Post
1. Yes, and as far as I know, there are three places that can be done.

2. The unlockables are based on total collected coins / crackers - not depending on what was spent.

Just fyi, though, there are already some really good FAQs out there, including all of the info you've mentioned. Not to discourage you, but wouldn't want you to go through all that trouble to duplicate someone else's work.
Well, I just uploaded the guide right before I checked here. I may go back later and adjust it to reflect that info (I'll credit you if I do), but not right now. Had to play through the game twice in a row to find all the collectibles. For a game like this, one walkthrough could probably cover everything. However, GameFaqs doesn't have one, I like making guides, and this one will be in full-text format, so no ads or other problems for slower computers.

It was fun speed-running the game though, and I finally got all the achievements too =D

Guide is waiting for review, I wouldn't expect it to be up till Monday or Tuesday though. Don't think it updates on weekends.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
MegaManZer0

The walkthrough has been reviewed, accepted, and posted! It can be found at http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/989928-jo...ver/faqs/61463

Let me know what you think, and if there are any changes I should make!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
MattNY

Cool, I will check out the guide sometime. It is always better to have more than not enough.
MattNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #8
SheldonDragon

Thanks for your guide, all achievements have been obtained.
SheldonDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jolly Rover